#1 Mooresey

Mooresey

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus TDCI

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hi

I am new to this stuff so bare with me. I want to change my steel wheels for alloys and I was wondering weather I have to stay with the same size wheels I have got on now ie 205/55 or can I go with a different size alloys?

Thanks

John

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Pete80

Pete80

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo Titanium X
  • Year: 2007

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi

I am new to this stuff so bare with me. I want to change my steel wheels for alloys and I was wondering weather I have to stay with the same size wheels I have got on now ie 205/55 or can I go with a different size alloys?

Thanks

John

try this site out, it will help with the tyres you will need if you decide to get a larger size alloy http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 21,231 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Always remember that the overall wheel size should not change, if you currently use 205/55 R16 wheels, then you can either straight swap for an alloy, or if you decide to go for a low profile tyre, make sure that you fit the right size, otherwise speedo and odometer will suffer, and lose accuracy.

i.e. 205/45 R17 will mean that your speedo is more accurate than just putting on 17" alloys with a tyre profile of 205/55!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users