• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

calmcdermott

2009 Fiesta Warning Lights With Snow/cold

Hey all, ok so I started my car the other night and the ABS and Traction Control light would not turn off for ages..... has anyone else had wacky electrics or this problem with this lovely weather?

Nothing so far in the bad weather, but I have had "Engine Malfunction - Service now" come up about 3 or 4 times along with the engine light in the dial cluster...

Only had the amber or red snowflake showing it's bloomin cold!

Touch wood - no issues. Coldest I saw on the display last year was -8 C, this year so far, -6 C.

Stewart.

Started mine up this morning - first time since last weekend, it's been in my garage all week - & an "ESP is off" message came up on the display screen as soon as I turned the ignition on! I've never had this message before & while my car does indeed have ESP/Traction Control (for which I paid extra as an option, before it became standard) there's certainly no "Off" switch (I believe that "Off" switches for the ESP/Traction Control are only fitted to the Zetec S model).

When I started the engine the ESP/Traction Control warning light inside the speedometer - which always comes on with the ignition - went out as normal, so I guess that it's working OK.

The starter was also much slower than it usually is in cold weather, hence I suspect that low current's probably caused a glitch in the electronics. The battery's now on charge!

Nothing so far in the bad weather, but I have had "Engine Malfunction - Service now" come up about 3 or 4 times along with the engine light in the dial cluster...

Yer i've had that twice! First time i turned the engine off and back on and was fine.. and the second time i pressed ok on the stereo when it warned me and it went off

Nothing irregular, yellow/red frost light on.

Oh and the (!) a couple of times in an empty car park. ;)

:P

Personally had no problems other than seeing the ESP light flash at me for the first time after i decided that it was a smart idea to do some hill climbing in the snow with her, but it got up there good fiesta!

Hi All

My wife's 1.6tdci has had several problems in the cold weather, the power steering malfunction light has come on twice, radio volume doesn't work on any station until you select the cd player then it's ok, the boot lock has now failed and wont open, the lock motor just buzzes away.and the drivers side door fails to double lock all the other doors are ok, I hope they can all be fixed on Wednesday when it goes for its 1st year service, only done 9k.

Dam Cold weather