Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
tone

At Last I've Worn Them Out

After 30k miles and 6 months of pounding up and down the M5 & M4 to work each week I've managed to wear out the front tyres. The car came as standard with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo's, they gripped well enough but boy were they noisy at motorway speeds. They were so bad I ended up stripping the interior out of the car and soundproofing the lot.

Anyway we have now got some nice looking Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres. I've put these on the back because unfortunately the Hankooks on the back still had 4 mm of tread left even after 30k miles. So hopefully by putting them on the front they will be gone within the next 15k as I like to change them before they get to the wear indicators.

Just as an aside we run 3 other Fiesta's on my fleet and the guys carry tools etc in theirs. Because of the weight they carry, and its not excessive they can get thro a set of tyres in less than 18k miles. Prhaps I should start carrying a bag of concrete around.

How are you guys doing with your tyres. I've tried Continentals this time, but we are running Bridgestone Turanzo's on one, and on the other I've had Michelin Sports on the other to see how they perform. The other is still running Hankooks.

Getting the fronts on ours done on Tuesday after a pitiful 18,400 miles. The tyres on there at the moment are Conti PremiumContact 2. They are reasonably quiet, grip nicely, and let go quite progressively in the wet, which is nice, but the wear is pretty shoddy!

Your lucky they lasted that long pal.. my front two tyres that came with the car were Bridgestone Potenza's and they lasted 11k on the front and 23k on the rear.

Thanks for the update on your tyres guys.

Looking at your figures it looks like because 75% of my mileage is motorway it would appear that is why they've lasted so long. These ContPremiumContact 2's appear to be alright at the moment, but until I can change the Hankooks on the front I won't know whether they are quieter or not.

Your lucky they lasted that long pal.. my front two tyres that came with the car were Bridgestone Potenza's and they lasted 11k on the front and 23k on the rear.

When I got my car it had 13K on and the front tyres were shot. :angry:

Thanks for the update on your tyres guys.

Looking at your figures it looks like because 75% of my mileage is motorway it would appear that is why they've lasted so long.

I think you are correct as I am doing mostly motorway mileage now and the wear rate seems to have fallen quite a bit