1 reply to this topic

#1 Wadhot

Wadhot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hi.

I have a problem with my key for a Ford Ka 52 plate it is a standard key (not a fob)...  the problem is the metal part of the key turns around in the plastic part of the keys and therefore does not have enough strength to turn the doors, ignition, boot etc.

This is the only key I have for the vehicle & it has a red colour tab within black plastic part.

Can you help?

I await your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hi.

I have a problem with my key for a Ford Ka 52 plate it is a standard key (not a fob)...  the problem is the metal part of the key turns around in the plastic part of the keys and therefore does not have enough strength to turn the doors, ignition, boot etc.

This is the only key I have for the vehicle & it has a red colour tab within black plastic part.

Can you help?

I await your reply.

Thanks in advance.

get a replacment one cut asap to use on the doors and boot, dab a spot of super glue to your exsisting key and use this for the ignition, the key you have is the master key and you would pay a lot to get that replaced as that works your immobilisor (so dont loose it), a copy key wouldnt start the car.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users