Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Ranger

waterman

Hi all, twice I have had a loss of power, both after very hard overnight frosts where the temp went to -11. After travelling down the motorway at about 60-65mph for about 6-7 miles the engine just lost all power, when I dropped a gear the engine cut out. Once on the hard shoulder it started again first time and revved freely and would drive but I had to very slowly build up speed as if I tried to push a bit it would loose power & cut out again. I have had the soleniod valve in the EGR valve replaced & the garage are now saying it could be the fuel filter, I am having this done this afternoon but does anyone have any ideas if this doesnt work. Thanks

Hi Waterman

don't know about ranger is it petrol or diesel

sounds like it could be electrical though.

i would check all harnesses and connectors.

also may be worthwhile if it's petrol looking at the coil pack (could be tracking)

tom

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem -10 and think its down to the fuel waxing up in the pipe out of the tank, as the car warmed up it went away :). if it happens agains im going to try some fuel addative, touch wood though thats it.

Hi all, twice I have had a loss of power, both after very hard overnight frosts where the temp went to -11. After travelling down the motorway at about 60-65mph for about 6-7 miles the engine just lost all power, when I dropped a gear the engine cut out. Once on the hard shoulder it started again first time and revved freely and would drive but I had to very slowly build up speed as if I tried to push a bit it would loose power & cut out again. I have had the soleniod valve in the EGR valve replaced & the garage are now saying it could be the fuel filter, I am having this done this afternoon but does anyone have any ideas if this doesnt work. Thanks

fed up here, my ranger has just had modified fuel filter parts, ask if you can have same

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club