19 replies to this topic

#1 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: C-max

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hi there, can anyone help?

I'm planning on ordering a new new 2.0 TDCI Cmax, I'd like to get the powershift gearbox but i don't know to much about them. I've read spec sheets on how they work and the advantages over a normal auto box but how do they perform in the real world? Are they a worth while option or should i avoid?
Cheers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo "2011", Galaxy 2009, Galaxy 2011

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Definitely powershift. I have mondeo 2,0 tdci with powershift. It work´s fine with diesel-engine using engine low rpm torque and changes gears faster than traditionally auto box.

#3 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

@ JJJ Are you happy with the mpg it returns? Also do use it in mainly auto or semi auto?

#4 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Fuel consumption is about 7 l/100 km. Not bad because car is brand new and circumstances in finland this time of year are quite hard (60 cm snow and -15 degrees :( ).
I drive always full auto except i drive with caravan. 5th and especially 6th gears are too long to drive 80-90 km/h with 2000 kg caravan.

#5 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

I test drove a focus with powershift but it was a 1.6 petrol. Unfortunately they didn't have any diesel's with the powershift box. I'm pretty much decided on the 2.0TDCI with powershift.
Always nice to get someone's opinion, so many thanks JJJ.

#6 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

114 views and 2 replies? ? ? ? ?

#7 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Yep. Here is lot of users who doesnt write more than one message. I have a lot to write but my language skills are not enought technical side :blink:

#8 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

At least you replied JJJ, i wouldn't mind short and brief replies at least then i could see how many for's and against's there were. Also the lack of replies to peoples post doesn't encourage them to come back to that particular forum. I joined this and another ford forum and to be honest i'm not so certain i would bother with either of them again.

#9 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Anyway with your help JJJ i will be ordering my C-max 2.0TDCI Titanium with powershift in the next couple of days

#10 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Excellent purchase. New c-max is a great car to drive. Diesel and powershift is a good compination. Are you going to order normal c-max or grand-c ?

#11 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

The 5 seat C-Max, have no need for 7 seats. Plus i think the 5 seater looks better than the grand.

#12 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

True. It´s better looking. Grand-c rear sliding doors are very practical. Here in Finland price difference between these two models are only 1500 euros. Not bad. Actually grand-c is almost in same segment as the S-max. S-max is wider but grand-c is much cheaper.

#13 JohnW

JohnW

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

I like the S-Max always have done good looking inside and out, i just don't need that kind of space. Your right about the Grand C-max sliding doors very practical, would be nice on the 5 seater. My C-max has been good to me it handles really well for a high sided vehicle, on the motorway it's solid and driving on country roads it's very sure footed. It's only let down is it's fuel economy, being a 1.8 petrol it's not good for short journey's. So i'm hoping my 2.0TDCI will be a big difference, when i get it.

#14 JJJ

JJJ

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Local dealer chipped my Mondeo (only 800 km driven), and now has 155 hp / 340 nm. Total costs 550 euros. Does not affect the car's warranty at all :rolleyes:

I have had diesel car for several years. Here in Finland it is not worth buying a diesel car if you drive a bit of miles a year since the fuel will have to pay a separate fee which is the Mondeo in the case of about 500€/year. If you drive about 40 000 km / year in both diesel should be cheaper. Anyway I really like torque of the diesel-engine.

I'm already ordered the new Galaxy, which comes in January and it is certainly a big car (7 seats), although I do not even need so big car..Grand-c would have been enought space :blink:

#15 alfie t

alfie t

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: s
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta edge (82) frozen white 2012
  • Year: 2012

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Local dealer chipped my Mondeo (only 800 km driven), and now has 155 hp / 340 nm. Total costs 550 euros. Does not affect the car's warranty at all :rolleyes:

I have had diesel car for several years. Here in Finland it is not worth buying a diesel car if you drive a bit of miles a year since the fuel will have to pay a separate fee which is the Mondeo in the case of about 500€/year. If you drive about 40 000 km / year in both diesel should be cheaper. Anyway I really like torque of the diesel-engine.

I'm already ordered the new Galaxy, which comes in January and it is certainly a big car (7 seats), although I do not even need so big car..Grand-c would have been enought space :blink:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users