TroodoN

Which mk7 do you prefer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which mk7 do you prefer?

• Fiesta mk7 Titanium
    • Fiesta mk7 Zetec S
    • Other option (answer in reply)

Hello,

I could not find any similar topic here so I have decieded to create one. I wonder who likes titanium and who prefers Zetec S. We need your votes!

Here are differences acording to ford.co.uk:

- Titanium version states: "Experience the power of seduction with the Fiesta Titanium. This is sumptuous, contemporary luxury at its finest. With functionality to match its impressive form, the Fiesta Titanium offers a superior level of technical innovation normally reserved for much bigger cars."

Fiesta Titanium features:

Titanium (from 13,495£)

•16” 15-spoke alloy wheels

•Bluetooth Voice Control and USB Connectivity

•Cruise control

•Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)

•Power-operated folding door mirrors

•Privacy glass

•Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)

•Automatic headlamps

•Automatic wipers

•Two rear Speakers

•Perimeter alarm

- Zetec S version states: "Powerful lines, sporty styling and the dynamic stance of the Fiesta Zetec S make for a vehicle that commands attention."

Fiesta Zetec S features (from 13,999£):

•Body colour front and rear bumper skirts

•Side skirts

•Quickclear heated windscreen

•Alloy pedal cappings

•Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)

•Front fog lights

•16" 5-spoke alloy wheels

•Body colour rear sports spoiler

•Headlights with chrome surround

•Lowered sports suspension

•Sports seats

•Silver insert on gear knob

•Manual air conditioning

•Trip computer

•Leather steering wheel

•Perimeter alarm

Another question is that why not get Zetec S with all options that titanium has :) Tricky one here but much more expensive :)

Dont forget that all new titaniums come with Sony head unit as standard.

Dont forget to write which extras your dream fiesta would come with

Write your comments and any missing arguments

• Like 1

I hope you dont get this poll too seriously as many people would say you could buy zetec S and add all missing extras. For example adding rear Speakers however I dont know if you can add cruise control and sony head unit.

Lets have fun here and just vote

I've voted for Zetec S but my ideal car would be Titanium with dress up kit so it looks like a ZS but has all the toys!

• Like 1

For me it's definitely the titanium, there's not a huge amount of difference but it's cheaper and easier to make a titanium look like a ZS than the other way around.

The ESP off switch and the more heavily bolstered seats are the only things that I'd like from the ZS really to be honest.

I personally don't want cruise control, or all the "auto stuff" Im old fashioned, I like to dip my mirror when I want to (and its a smaller mirror) I like to choose when I have my lights on/off and I like to control my own wipers.

I like the slightly lowered look of the ZS, I love the ZS seats so overall for ME id have the ZS.

But if youre looking in terms of toys etc then titanium gives you more and as has been said you can put a dress up kit on a titanium but you cant add all the toys to a ZS.

I think you should decide what suits you.. People who have a ZS will vote for that and vice versa lol

But i'd say Zetec S lol

I Have a titanium with dress up kit in black and love it the only thing i think i miss from a ZS is the lowered suspesion, but could do that aftermarket much cheaper, and the esp switch which probally can be added aswell, remember no cruise control or eatc options on ZS and that has become 2 of my fav features.

I Have a titanium with dress up kit in black and love it the only thing i think i miss from a ZS is the lowered suspesion, but could do that aftermarket much cheaper, and the esp switch which probally can be added aswell, remember no cruise control or eatc options on ZS and that has become 2 of my fav features.

Dress up kit kit doesn't seem to be listed on website as optional extra, do you know how much it is? (retail)

£550 if you configure it on the car, I've seen £2000 quoted for retro fit!

acording to ford website "Full Exterior Styling Kit (3 door) - Front, rear and side skirts, unique lower bumper grille and rear spoiler" for titanium costs £575. Thats interesting... for almost the same price you get all that titanium has and Zetec S look.

When I ordered mine back in the angst of 2008, the basic price of ZS and titanium were the exact same price, think it was £13035, from what I can remember, add around £500 for dress up, and your sorted, mine cost a lot more though, due to the esp, and USB/Bluetooth/voice control, weren't standard!

Im surprised I cant find any model on ebay that is titanium with dressed up kit.

They're very rare, took me a while to find my one, then couldn't find another after when trying to show a friend what they go for. Mines a titanium with full dress up kit, 17" alloys, titanium X pack with leather seats, tech pack with bluetooth, phone functionality, usb and voice control, rear parking sensor and push button start. :D, when i bought the car almost exactly a year ago from now, the brand new price on fords website for my configuration was over £19k :lol: . Obviously i got it cheaper.

Also i seem to recall when first looking at the mk7 fiesta's on Fords website there was a Titanium S option. Did i imagine this? Or was it an option that ford have discontinued, or was it simply how they categorized a Titanium with full dress up kit?

I voted titanium (as I have one) but to be honest I think both are fine motors

But I do like the auto wipers they are just superb, love the way they kick up a gear when you pass a car or truck in the rain, saves you taking you hands off the wheel

Cruise Control – well I just wouldn’t want a car without, had this on my last 4 cars and find it very handy, especially on roads with average speed cameras – set it and concentrate on your driving and not your speedometer, easy!

I also like the auto dipping mirror, great at night when you get the plonker with the misaligned head light or the chav with his fog lights on stuck behind you.

The temperature controls /air con are ace and easy to work and work well.

Folding mirrors come in handy going in and out of my garage (and when parking in supermarkets or narrow streets)

Auto headlights? Not really impressed and there have been times during misty periods when everyone but me had their headlights on dip so I tend not to use the auto facility on the headlights.

And Troodon – you have missed front fogs off the titanium list, the red interior lighting and foot well lights and heated front screen :rolleyes:

And Troodon – you have missed front fogs off the titanium list, the red interior lighting and foot well lights and heated front screen :rolleyes:

How do you mean? ZS gets front fogs [black not chrome] & heated front screen too? (Footwell lighting too with some £3 bulbs but that's not standard :P)

• 3 years later...

I've voted for Zetec S but my ideal car would be Titanium with dress up kit so it looks like a ZS but has all the toys!

That's my car in a nutshell ;)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I voted ZS even though I bought a Titanium, but I'm now trying to sell it before my ST3 arrives :). I would have gone for a ZS but was buying second hand, so I thought a Titanium would probably have been driven with more care by it's previous owner than a ZS.

I would have preferred the sport suspension, although my Titanium has the same 1.6 engine as the ZS plus all the toys which I like too.

Another Titanium owner who voted for the Zetec S.

Only got the Titanium cos Ford don't offered the ZS in a 5 door.

Love the ZS for the lower ride, sporty seats and better looking front however after a few mods to my titanium I now have the ZS look :)

post-5052-139758240348_thumb.jpg

post-5052-139758241307_thumb.jpg

Very nice (almost typed very nice Willy lol). Didn't they offer the dress up kit as an option?

• Like 2

I'm with Willy!
Got the titanium and slowly adding the dress up kit.
Just need the ST diffuser now.

I would have to say the ZS, however I am biased on my decision! I want the leather interior and would't mind the upgraded stereo from the titanium!

I got the dress up kit but it dosen't include the ZS style front grille so had to change that. Will be adding the ST rear defuser next week :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club