Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rod

Dab Radio For Mk 7 Fiesta

2 posts in this topic

Just thought that I would start a new topic and seek the views of other users. I read recently that analogue signals will be stopped in a couple of years. The Fiesta Mk7 has no option for DAB (even though reception is not great) and even the new Sony head unit is still analogue. The adaptors don'tseem much good and in any event will not work with steering wheel controls. Does anyone know of any unit that will work?

Just thought that I would start a new topic and seek the views of other users. I read recently that analogue signals will be stopped in a couple of years. The Fiesta Mk7 has no option for DAB (even though reception is not great) and even the new Sony head unit is still analogue. The adaptors don'tseem much good and in any event will not work with steering wheel controls. Does anyone know of any unit that will work?

As far as I know it WAS going to be switched off before the new coalition government decided not to? I hope they won't cause DAB in cars isn't all there plus I think the uptake would be small because unlike the digital TV switchover, you can alway's just put a CD or iPod/ MP3 on in a car. And the FM signal will still be used but for small stations from what I last understood of the plans?

Bit outdated but sums it all up:

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/fm_switch-off.htm

Think of it like the governments apparent commitment to get everyone fibre optic broadband by 2015, I work in this industry and well, yeah...... It's the usual all talk but they aren't paying much money for all this tech to be put into place!!