Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Car... Mk7. Two Questions

briggsy

Hello lads 'n' lasses,

Ok so i have just bought myself a Style+ MK7 1.25. this is my first car, as i have only just passed my test. i have a few questions regarding this car. Firstly, i was told the Fiesta Petrol engines have a Stall prevention system installed. Yet i cant find any information on the net what exactly this does, or how it works.

secondly, Im a bit annoyed that the Style+ does not have Fog lights.. Im quite happy to fir them myself but i cant see how they can be fit onto the body as there is a air vent instead of a fitting for the fog lights on the body.

Anyone know if its even possible to fit a fog light to a MK7 that did not have them as standard?

Thanks!

PS my car wont be delivered until Thursday so dont have access to it yet.

Hello and welcome :)

Can't help you with the second bit I'm afraid, but can with the first. The stall prevention just basically puts a couple of hundred revs on if you try to set off with just the clutch. So if you're just going off the clutch, no accelerator, into a parking space or something, it gives you a few revs if you're a bit harsh with the clutch.

Ah thank you, So it basically acts a bit like a diesel, Which would be handy for me since thats the kind of engine i have driven before. Thank you for the welcome, and sorry for double post. The website seems to be a bit slow today. :)

Welcome to the forum, you could only fit foglights by changing the bumper to that from a Zetec or above as the Style has a different bumper which you cannot fit foglights to.

Don't know anything about the stall facility, probably a bit of a gimmick.

I would use the car as it is, and forget about fog lights. I've yet to use them on any car I've had. Yes they look nice, but you would have to modify the front to accomodate the lights.

Just enjoy the car when you get it

Annoyed the style+ doesnt have fog lights? Hardly, its below mid range so it wont.

You get for what you pay for

Of course it won't have fog lamps! Unless you live in an area that gets really bad fog often you won't need them. Unless you want to go driving around with them on when it isn't foggy blinding other drivers ?

Annoyed the style+ doesnt have fog lights? Hardly, its below mid range so it wont.

You get for what you pay for

A little snobbish lol

You should check that the car your buying has everything you want before parting with any cash though. The amount of people on here that complain that something they bought isn't exactly how they want it but they bought anyway is quite incredible :blink:

Anyway lesson learned don't bother with the foglights you won't use them much and personally i think the style front bumper looks pretty decent anyway.

Sorry if it came over as snobbish it wasnt meant. if you want fog lights check out which models have them before you buy.

so many posts on this forum from people why have bought a MK7 then been unhappy it doesnt have something (fog lights/amazing mpg/amazing quality interior/usb/bluetooth/heated screen etc) which it never said it did anyway

before you buy a car DO YOUR RESEARCH

Sorry if it came over as snobbish it wasnt meant. if you want fog lights check out which models have them before you buy.

so many posts on this forum from people why have bought a MK7 then been unhappy it doesnt have something (fog lights/amazing mpg/amazing quality interior/usb/bluetooth/heated screen etc) which it never said it did anyway

before you buy a car DO YOUR RESEARCH

Thank you for your welcome Mr sussex.

I was not complaining, or saying im unhappy. Infact I am very happy with my car, However i was only Asking a question weather it could be fitted after market, I did not intend to be looked down at because i didnt but a Zetec S for my first car.

Thanks for the flames.

You said Im a bit annoyed that the Style+ does not have Fog lights I realise you also went on to ask if you could fit them.

Believe my I am not looking down on you, my first car was nowhere near as nice or good as ANY mk7 so go easy on the sarcasm. I had an old MK5 as my first car so with a MK7 of any model as your first car as you that we should be looking up to !

Is Fiesta Style+ called edge or studio now?

I think style and style+ have been combined now as the edge?

The Edge is a regular style with Aircon, but without the heated windscreen or mirrors that the Style+ has, now you have to get a Zetec to get those.

The Edge is a regular style with Aircon, but without the heated windscreen or mirrors that the Style+ has, now you have to get a Zetec to get those.

The edge does have heated mirrors, but the heated windscreen, I'm confused as in the brochure, and on the website it appears it starts at zetec s, but in the list of options it says standard on zetec!

Thats jsut what the manager of my local ford dealer told me, as we where discussng the diferances i nthe models. i dont know why ford changed the model structure from studio, style, style+, zetec, ztecs, titanium. I cant see how turning style and style + into the edge and taking away heated mirrors made them any savings.

I still remember when power steering was still considered a luxury....eeeh them were t'days :lol:

just to reiterate what has already been said,

the stall prevention system increases the revs. if you are stationary and clutch up then down quickly (but not far enough to stall) you can see the revs rise up for a second then drop to idle again. although it has occasionally saved me from stalling I wouldent say it was particularly useful :P

just something else to go wrong :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club