Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Rear View Mirror

swannley

Hi everyone

My partner has just bought a 09 plate Ford Fiesta Titanium, and taken deliver yesterday.

With the car only being young, we were expecting everything to be working more or less perfectly. And it all seems to be, with the exception of the automatic rear view!

As far as my untrained eyes can see, the unit has 2 "things" on the front - they look like 1 sensor and 1 LED, but potentially it's 2 sensors or 2 LEDS.. Certainly, nothing is lighting up when I'd expect it too, and the mirror itself doesn't seem to be dimming when there's glare behind. Neither of us have had one before so to be fair we don't really know what we're looking for, and i'm usually much too lazy to actually manually move them!

Can anyone cast any light (haha) on the situation - should they be lighting up and what sort of difference should there be?

Thanks in advance all

Hello and Welcome :D

There are no lights on the front of it. As above, it is rather noticable when it dimms. Everything goes dark and kind of has a green hue.

I think it may be working, but as you haven't had 1 before are not sure what to expect. As said above there will be a difference when there is a bright light behind. Give it a go with a torch to see if you notice it that way

Best way to check is during the night, with the engine on, turn on the indoor reading lights near the mirror, when i do this the mirror turns completely black.

When there's a car behind, look in the side mirrors and see if the light is brighter, then you'll notice the difference.

The problem with them is the tinted windows i assume you have them (std on titanium) iv said before that it seems kinda pointless having a tinting mirror with tinted glass, it does dim slightly but not a massive amount because it doesn't need to, in some cases it even dims too much IMO.

Anthony

There are two light sensors on the mirror (one facing forward and one rear) Both sensors take an average of the light coming into the car and when the light sensor at the rear senses more light than the one at the front the mirror will dim accordingly. The mirror reacts very fast even through the privacy glass on the Titanium. The mirror will not dim when the car is in reverse. There are no LEDs on the mirror.

When there's a car behind, look in the side mirrors and see if the light is brighter, then you'll notice the difference.

Just what I was going to say, you should notice the light look less bright in the rear view mirror than the door mirror. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club