Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCI 136 Ghia, Powershift
  • Year: 2007

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hi everyone

I have had a whistle on my car now for months, i have taken it to ford and they told me its the turbo and is normal. It happens only when u give it some welly and at about 2000rpm in any gear, but recently i have noticed at the exact same time as this happens the rev counter jumps rapidly from 2000rpm to 2400rpm then back to normal again as the car continues to pull, the car seems to have a slight dip in performance whilst this is happening. I have checked all pipes from the turbo to inter-cooler etc.. and seem ok, but its really quite hard to spot anything whilst someone's revving the engine and im looking. Does anyone know of maybe a common weak spot on these engines or any other ideas on what it could be. Thanks Guys.

ps: focus 2.0 tdci

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hi everyone

I have had a whistle on my car now for months, i have taken it to ford and they told me its the turbo and is normal. It happens only when u give it some welly and at about 2000rpm in any gear, but recently i have noticed at the exact same time as this happens the rev counter jumps rapidly from 2000rpm to 2400rpm then back to normal again as the car continues to pull, the car seems to have a slight dip in performance whilst this is happening. I have checked all pipes from the turbo to inter-cooler etc.. and seem ok, but its really quite hard to spot anything whilst someone's revving the engine and im looking. Does anyone know of maybe a common weak spot on these engines or any other ideas on what it could be. Thanks Guys.

ps: focus 2.0 tdci

turbo whistle while giving it welly is normal youre rev counter is showing turbo lag common to most turbo cars nowt to worry about its just the way they are

#3 mross

mross

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the reply artscot79, thank f##k for that, ford near enough told me the same but for some reason i just didnt believe them eeeeerr i wonder why lol,

Thanks Again.

#4 H3lly

H3lly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Name: k
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Focus
  • Year: 2003

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Similar discussion on another board recently. http://www.boards.ie...hp?t=2056118612

#5 MrrNoName

MrrNoName

MrrNoName

• PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

my focus titanium 1.8 does this "whistle" at exactly the same revs as you mention. the whistle is more noticable when the car is cold. it has always done this and ford say its totally normal, would not worry :)

#6 mross

mross

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Thanks guys !!!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users