2 replies to this topic

#1 mera

mera

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi Everyone,
I've just updated my Satnav. with 2008 maps this included software update 5.0, however I now understand a further update is now available 5.1. Anyone know of a safe site where this update is available for download. I'm ok with how to do it, just don't know where to get it from - so to speak!
Thanks Mera

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Focus_ST-3

Focus_ST-3

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk2
Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Im guessing Blaupunkt sent you your free update then? I was going to install the 5.1 update however I didnt want to risk damaging the system by doing it myself. I think the dealer updated it anyway at the next service.

#3 mera

mera

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

Sadly no, they didn't even respond to my request, so I sent them another request in German (thanks to Google translation service) and got a straight refusal. It appears they now send the update direct to Ford and suggested I pay for the privilage. I spoke to my local Ford dealer and was quoted 98. To be fair to him he said "if it isn't broke don't mend it" and proceeded to frighten the life out of me with some horror stories about satnav's. I am going to take his advice but can I thank you for taking the time once again to respond.
Mera.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users