Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THUNDERBOLLOCKS

Alarm Problem!!

4 posts in this topic

Right. Simply, the alarm on my 2001 mk3 estate keeps setting itself off.

- Tried taking out both the horn fuses but then found out (the hard way via the neighbours disgusted tutting) that the alarm has its own horn

- Tried locking manually with the key in the door lock

- Tried disconnecting the bonnet alarm switch cable

I have now resorted to disconnecting the battery every night after locking it up but ideally I really would like to not have to do this every morning and night, the gimmick has worn off and its getting a bit boring now!!

Any help would be appreciated as its getting a bit embarrassing now. Not the fact that the neighbours are being woken up a lot, bollo*ks to them, its just that its a really patheticly weedy sounding alarm and its embarrassing being seen turning it off!!!! :unsure:

Thanks.

Hi

just a thought but i had a vauxhall which did this.

turned out to be a backup battery for the alarm system(so it cannot just be ripped out & smashed)

may be worth checking with ford if their system has this back-up.

tom