Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator

harryp

Hi

Im new to all this but i need to change the alternator on my 2001 2.0DTTi mondeo estate is this going to be a hard job to do?

I so far have limited myself to doing my own brakes but due to lack of funds im having to expand my knowledge.

I need to know if i am going to need any special tools? or if the is it best to access the alternator from the top or bottom of the engine?

Like i said im relativly new to tinkering about with the more intermate parts of the engine so i would even have a little trouble locating it to start off with, but once im there im reasonably technically minded as im a sheet metal/mechnical engineering technician. and once i have my head round what it is that im doing im usually ok.

so if anyone could help me out with any advice it really would be a big help.

Harry

Hi Harry

if you are reasonable at DIY you should find it a doddle.

it is not that hard just a couple of spanners. (be careful when unplugging the electrics though)

tom

Hi Harry

if you are reasonable at DIY you should find it a doddle.

(be careful when unplugging the electrics though) BATTERY MUST BE DISCONNECTED

tom

sorry for adding to your post Tom.

sorry for adding to your post Tom.

no problem fishpond all input welcome none of us are perfect. think my memory is on it's way out anyway.

thats good to hear

thanks tom

i read in the haynes manual that i need to remove the rod ends (which requires a ball joint seperator) to make room to remove the alternator through the wheel arch?

is that really nessecary because i know that the manual it shows the correct procedure but there are often shortcuts that are not mentioned.

Hi Harry

sorry can't help there.may be someone else will be able to.

tom