Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0 Tdi Oil Capacity

b2theenneh

Hey people new to the forum,

Would like to know what the capacity for the oil as I just got my hands on a 2001 51' Mondeo Mk3 2.0 Tdi. Doubt it's been serviced, would you recommend me using Full Synthetic?

I ask this as i've not received my Haynes Manual to look it up yet.

Thanks for the help guys

Also Hello to the people on the Forum.

Hi

TDCI 5w/30 semi synth

with oil filter 6.0 litres

TDDI 5w/30 semi synth

with oil filter 6.5 litres

tom

• Like 1

Brilliant Stuff, Thank you.

But that Now means i've got to buy 2 Can's of oil, Thats expensive.

if you are going to be servicing your own car, is it worth looking at buying a 25litre drum? i buy 25litres of 5w/30 fully synthetic for my car for about £65

by the time i have serviced my car and sometimes my dads or father in laws, i can use it quite quickly. im on the 4th drum in 2 years. if that were Halfords prices it would be around £500 probably

• Like 1

Where do you get these drums from then?

Would be very useful.

Thanks

I get mine from a local engineering supplier just a few miles from me, but they do deliver.

just checked, price seems to have gone up from £65 to £73 a drum. her is a link to the stuff i buy, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Q8-OIL-5W-30-FORMULA-TECHNO-MOTOR-OIL-1-x-25ltrs-/180398092629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a00907155#ht_2482wt_911

• 3 years later...

I get mine from a local engineering supplier just a few miles from me, but they do deliver.

just checked, price seems to have gone up from £65 to £73 a drum. her is a link to the stuff i buy, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Q8-OIL-5W-30-FORMULA-TECHNO-MOTOR-OIL-1-x-25ltrs-/180398092629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a00907155#ht_2482wt_911

Or, err, £86.95 currently. Plus £7.95 postage. That's some rate of inflation that they have there.

On an unrelated note (!), half-frauds currently have their own brand synth oil on offer at £10 for 4 litres (and something like £26.95 for 5 litres, which doesn't seem rational - I think that's more than they are charging for the Mobil FE 3000, although I don't remember whether that's 4 or 5 litres).

...as I just got my hands on a 2001 51' Mondeo Mk3 2.0 Tdi. Doubt it's been serviced, would you recommend me using Full Synthetic?

I assume that you mean it will have been serviced, just not recently.

If you are in doubt, the important thing is to get some oil that you can trust in there, as soon as you can reasonably manage it. There's probably a lot of crud, if the car hasn't been serviced in a while. You just have to hope that the oil seals haven't failed and the only thing keeping it going is the crud...

The full synth question is probably difficult to answer as synth doesn't mean anything (almost) these days. Look for the relevant Ford specs (in 2001 the -B version was probably the current one, but has been superseded by the -C, which is a better oil in some ways, and is 'backwards compatible'. Back in the day, oil manufacturers used to choose to meet -B with a semi-synth, although they often realised that could get away with describing the same oil as fully synth. These days, the -C is usually met by an oil described as 'fully synth' or just 'synthetic', but that may, or may not, represent something other than pure marketing.)

OTOH, since 'synthetic' means so little, you could argue that anyone who can't describe their oil, however ordinary, as synthetic isn't trying very hard. The opposite point of view is that the oil manufacturer is being honest, which isn't totally a bad thing...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club