Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Tunny

Number Plate Lights Change Guide

7 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I've noticed lots of handy guides for changing bulbs for pretty much everything, except the number plate lights!

I've actually tried to to this already and tried to prise away the light holder on my number plate, which has only served to make loose!!

Anyone got any advice, if I get it done, I'll likely post up some pics of how its done, so that others can do it quickly and easily!

Get something like an allan key because its long and thin (LOL) and you just push back the metal clip and it drops out, that simple. One of mine is abit loose now because I was too heavy handed at first

111dmv4.jpg

What bulbs have you used?

I have changed mine but they are dull and directional... they dont have the same wide beam as the stock bulbs

Cheers chaps, it is actually quite simple! Sadly I've bent the left clip and the light isn't secure, pre knowing how to do this... gonna need to take a look when there's more light! Both lights successfully changed though and looking much better!