Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Engine Cover To 1.6Tdci

Lenny

Hi all,

What size of screw or bolt is required to fit the engine cover to a 1.6TDCI.

I’ve recently purchased the engine cover but it didn’t come with any screws or bolts for fitting to the engine, I’ve checked the engine and theirs white grommets (Cup Holes) that match up with the holes in the cover but there’s no threads in the grommets, so don’t want to try make my own bolts,

Has anyone on here got an engine cover fitted to theirs and could you post a picture of the bolts holding yours on please.

Hi Lenny ! i can show you here some pictures of 2.0 TDCi 2009 engine cover.

You can see the bolt mounted on engine and hole for bolt beneath of the cover.

Hope it's same as 1.6 ............ :D

post-1538-062633800 1292853388_thumb.jpg

post-1538-098707600 1292853415_thumb.jpg

I'd like to know how to get the !Removed! thing off. I can unscrew the obvious one on top of the cover, but the one to the side is an awkward sod. How do you get that off? :angry:

I'd like to know how to get the !Removed! thing off. I can unscrew the obvious one on top of the cover, but the one to the side is an awkward sod. How do you get that off? :angry:

from looking under my cover, try removing the screws then push (dont Lift) just push it towards the windscreen and it should slide up then lift off, please post a picture of the screws you have removed.

Dont do what I did, I unscrewed the top bolt on my 55 plate, and then just pulled, put a nice little crack in the bottom right hand of the cover! and I cba to buy a new one!

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

What size of screw or bolt is required to fit the engine cover to a 1.6TDCI.

I’ve recently purchased the engine cover but it didn’t come with any screws or bolts for fitting to the engine, I’ve checked the engine and theirs white grommets (Cup Holes) that match up with the holes in the cover but there’s no threads in the grommets, so don’t want to try make my own bolts,

Has anyone on here got an engine cover fitted to theirs and could you post a picture of the bolts holding yours on please.

Well its almost two years in my attic, and I'm finally going to fit it.

I've been in touch with ford to purchase fixings. But they need a 1.6TDCi that has the part factory fitted in order to supply me with the parts.

So if anyone has a 1.6TDCi with factory fitted engine cover

Could they PM me their VIN so as I can aquire the parts from ford?

Does an engine cover reduce noise by much?

In theroy it should mate, but bonnet insulation would be better at reducing noise levels.

And BUMP!

Can anyone help me with a VIN or Ecat images of parts to fit my 1.6TDCi engine cover to the engine for the first time.

Stoney should be able to help - he said this in the Green Cotton thread

"Got around to fitting my filter last night, what a doddle.

Remove engine cover, undo jubilee clip on pipe, undo six Torx screws around the filter housing, swap filters and reverse."

The engine cover for a 1.8 is different.

On mine though it's 4 plastic bolts from the engine block that have rounded heads that the cover clips onto.

Is your engine/cover like this?

http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4537#p47368

I'm looking through Ford E-Cat at the moment, trying to see if I could get that to fit to my Fiesta

Yes thank you,

That is identical to the engine cover I have ready to fit.

But I've contacted ford and they want a VIN to match a 1.6TDCi with engine cover so as they can supply parts.

I'll try PM the focus owner thanks mate.

Thanks mate.

That's the exact part I have and will fit the 1.6TDCi engine on all ford but I need the parts to mount to the engine or a VIN of a car that has one already fitted so as ford can supply the fittings to mount it.

Yes thank you,

That is identical to the engine cover I have ready to fit.

But I've contacted ford and they want a VIN to match a 1.6TDCi with engine cover so as they can supply parts.

I'll try PM the focus owner thanks mate.

The parts you should need from what I can see are:

1x 1347930

1x 1347932

2x 1364348

That will give you the two (different) bolts and two nuts.

Still worth checking with a VIN, if you can. I'm going to see if I can get hold of the parts and fit one to my Fiesta, only thing that concerns me is bonnet clearance, but I think it will be ok.

Also, I find this while doing a bit of hunting. Its not in English, but ti details that parts I was talking about and has a few pics throught the thread of people wanting to do the same thing:

http://www.idaf.it/index.php?topic=1857.msg179477#msg179477

The parts you should need from what I can see are:

1x 1347930

1x 1347932

2x 1364348

That will give you the two (different) bolts and two nuts.

Still worth checking with a VIN, if you can. I'm going to see if I can get hold of the parts and fit one to my Fiesta, only thing that concerns me is bonnet clearance, but I think it will be ok.

Also, I find this while doing a bit of hunting. Its not in English, but ti details that parts I was talking about and has a few pics throught the thread of people wanting to do the same thing:

http://www.idaf.it/index.php?topic=1857.msg179477#msg179477

Thanks for all of this information Alex mate,

I've sent some emails to ford with the above part numbers, hopfully when they enter the part numbers it will show them an image of the cover etc. And they will get back to me with all parts required.

I appreciate the links too, because my laptop broke last august and my only online device is a 7" android tablet and it drives me nuts. But I'm too busy spending on the car to buy a laptop, maybe in the january sales I'll bag a bargin one.

But I'll update this thread with my progress in sourceing the parts required to fit the engine cover. And any part numbers to help others aswell as yourself.

Quick update:

I've read through the thread linked and saw invoice images with prices.

Now I can't understand one word but judging by the prices it seems the engine cover part number for the 1.6TDCi is 1684950

Then their is various discussions about parts etc. But all mention the following part numbers and Qty's

1 x 1347930

1 x 1373324

2 x 1347932

2 x 1355877

2 x 1364348

I've emaild ford for an invoice on these parts, without the actual cover itself then the bill should be under 30 pounds excluding postage judging by the other site.

Quick update:

I've read through the thread linked and saw invoice images with prices.

Now I can't understand one word but judging by the prices it seems the engine cover part number for the 1.6TDCi is 1684950

Then their is various discussions about parts etc. But all mention the following part numbers and Qty's

1 x 1347930

1 x 1373324

2 x 1347932

2 x 1355877

2 x 1364348

I've emaild ford for an invoice on these parts, without the actual cover itself then the bill should be under 30 pounds excluding postage judging by the other site.

1347930 - p/n for left bolt (when viewed from front of car)

1373324 - bracket with ball end. May not be needed on the newer engine cover with two screw holes (old version had only one hole)

1347932 - p/n for right bolt (when viewed from front of car)

1355877 - old p/n for nuts

1364348 - current p/n for nuts

• Like 1

1347930 - p/n for left bolt (when viewed from front of car)

1373324 - bracket with ball end. May not be needed on the newer engine cover with two screw holes (old version had only one hole)

1347932 - p/n for right bolt (when viewed from front of car)

1355877 - old p/n for nuts

1364348 - current p/n for nuts

Excellent stuff.

I'll download the fitting images from the other site and upload to my photobucket then put them here too.

Ok,

As previously mentioned here are the images from the other forum.

The first image shows a focus with the Peugeot/Citroën engine cover fitted, interesting to see that Cover doednt overcast the turbo like the ford one does, Perhaps due to heat but I much prefer the ford cover personally.

funbrd-1.jpg

In the next image you can see the old style of ford 1.6TDCi engine Cover, its longer and wider than the facelift cover but will still fit a facelift 1.6TDCi engine.

12669hh-1.jpg

And here are some images of the facelift 1.6TDCi engine cover:

img0269cl-1.jpg

47139296.jpg

img0270o-1.jpg

The fittings required to mount the cover are different depending on the cover,

But I have purchased all of them from ford so I will soon know what part numbers are required for each specific style of cover.

From closely examining the images it seems that the ball joint bracket that fits on the induction side above the fuel filter,

And the ball joint bolt that fits to the intercooler pipe. Both of these parts seem to be required for fitting the larger style of cover only.

23mq6is.jpg

2u9mknc-1.jpg

12669hh-1.jpg

The smaller facelift engine cover saw in the image below seems to require two bolts and two different styles of nuts as you can see in the images below:

47139296.jpg

76620887.jpg

30018769.jpg

12244289.jpg

27983810.jpg

260abt1.jpg

img0269cl-1.jpg

Further update;

I've been in contact with ford and purchased the following parts to fit my facelift engine cover, i have purchased all brackets and bolts for both styles of engine cover because I'm not 100% sure what exact parts I'll need but I'm sure I have what will be required to fit both style of cover, so I may be selling some fittings onwards.

Here is my shopping list;

Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Part Number: 1347930(QTY1) Retail Price: 9.99

Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Part Number: 1347932(QTY2) Retail Price: 9.99each

Ford-Engine Noise Cover Nut Part Number: 1355877(QTY2) Retail Price: 1.92 each

Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Washers Part Number: 1364348(QTY2) Retail Price: .81p each

Ford-Inlet Manifold Bracket Part Number: 1373324(QTY1) Retail Price: 11.31

Be good to hear your progress on this Lenny.

I'm going to experiment with fitting one of these to a Fiesta, and if it goes well I'll post a thread in the Fiesta Club detailing what is needed.

I can't believe the price on the bolts though! £10 for a bolt?!?!

Be good to hear your progress on this Lenny.

I'm going to experiment with fitting one of these to a Fiesta, and if it goes well I'll post a thread in the Fiesta Club detailing what is needed.

I can't believe the price on the bolts though! £10 for a bolt?!?!

Thanks mate,

I'm posting as much detail as possible on this subject in order to help others as best possible perticurally those searching via Google etc.

Who are not yet members of the forum, because this topic has had over 2,000 views so it must be a popular part that people would like to fit on their ford.

And regarding the bots costing 10 pounds.

I think they are a custom built bolt specific for the purpose of mounting the cover with double ended threads.

But I reckon thes two bolts and two nuts is all that is required to fit the facelift cover, but we will know for certain in the coming weeks.

I owe you a pint for linking me to the other forum, that had the discussion on it

That link was a great leap in the two year quest to find the part numbers.

My engine cover is curently being colour coded but should be complete by Saturday 10th November and hopfully I'll have the fixings then too.

I plan to create a guide for the focus section too so between us; we will have both models coverd.

And I've found www.fordpartsuk.com to be slightly cheaper than the prices quoted above.

What I'd like to know is why did my 1.6TDCi come without one? And the 2 others I lifted the bonnet on come to think of it..