Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes thank you,
That is identical to the engine cover I have ready to fit.
But I've contacted ford and they want a VIN to match a 1.6TDCi with engine cover so as they can supply parts.
I'll try PM the focus owner thanks mate.

The parts you should need from what I can see are:

1x 1347930
1x 1347932
2x 1364348

That will give you the two (different) bolts and two nuts.

Still worth checking with a VIN, if you can. I'm going to see if I can get hold of the parts and fit one to my Fiesta, only thing that concerns me is bonnet clearance, but I think it will be ok.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Also, I find this while doing a bit of hunting. Its not in English, but ti details that parts I was talking about and has a few pics throught the thread of people wanting to do the same thing:

http://www.idaf.it/i...79477#msg179477

#18 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

The parts you should need from what I can see are:
1x 1347930
1x 1347932
2x 1364348
That will give you the two (different) bolts and two nuts.
Still worth checking with a VIN, if you can. I'm going to see if I can get hold of the parts and fit one to my Fiesta, only thing that concerns me is bonnet clearance, but I think it will be ok.

Also, I find this while doing a bit of hunting. Its not in English, but ti details that parts I was talking about and has a few pics throught the thread of people wanting to do the same thing:

http://www.idaf.it/i...79477#msg179477

Thanks for all of this information Alex mate,
I've sent some emails to ford with the above part numbers, hopfully when they enter the part numbers it will show them an image of the cover etc. And they will get back to me with all parts required.
I appreciate the links too, because my laptop broke last august and my only online device is a 7" android tablet and it drives me nuts. But I'm too busy spending on the car to buy a laptop, maybe in the january sales I'll bag a bargin one.
But I'll update this thread with my progress in sourceing the parts required to fit the engine cover. And any part numbers to help others aswell as yourself.

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Quick update:
I've read through the thread linked and saw invoice images with prices.
Now I can't understand one word but judging by the prices it seems the engine cover part number for the 1.6TDCi is 1684950
Then their is various discussions about parts etc. But all mention the following part numbers and Qty's
1 x 1347930
1 x 1373324
2 x 1347932
2 x 1355877
2 x 1364348

I've emaild ford for an invoice on these parts, without the actual cover itself then the bill should be under 30 pounds excluding postage judging by the other site.

#20 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Quick update:
I've read through the thread linked and saw invoice images with prices.
Now I can't understand one word but judging by the prices it seems the engine cover part number for the 1.6TDCi is 1684950
Then their is various discussions about parts etc. But all mention the following part numbers and Qty's
1 x 1347930
1 x 1373324
2 x 1347932
2 x 1355877
2 x 1364348

I've emaild ford for an invoice on these parts, without the actual cover itself then the bill should be under 30 pounds excluding postage judging by the other site.

1347930 - p/n for left bolt (when viewed from front of car)
1373324 - bracket with ball end. May not be needed on the newer engine cover with two screw holes (old version had only one hole)
1347932 - p/n for right bolt (when viewed from front of car)
1355877 - old p/n for nuts
1364348 - current p/n for nuts

#21 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

1347930 - p/n for left bolt (when viewed from front of car)
1373324 - bracket with ball end. May not be needed on the newer engine cover with two screw holes (old version had only one hole)
1347932 - p/n for right bolt (when viewed from front of car)
1355877 - old p/n for nuts
1364348 - current p/n for nuts

Excellent stuff.
I'll download the fitting images from the other site and upload to my photobucket then put them here too.

Ok,
As previously mentioned here are the images from the other forum.
The first image shows a focus with the Peugeot/Citroën engine cover fitted, interesting to see that Cover doednt overcast the turbo like the ford one does, Perhaps due to heat but I much prefer the ford cover personally.

Posted Image

In the next image you can see the old style of ford 1.6TDCi engine Cover, its longer and wider than the facelift cover but will still fit a facelift 1.6TDCi engine.

Posted Image

And here are some images of the facelift 1.6TDCi engine cover:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fittings required to mount the cover are different depending on the cover,
But I have purchased all of them from ford so I will soon know what part numbers are required for each specific style of cover.

From closely examining the images it seems that the ball joint bracket that fits on the induction side above the fuel filter,
And the ball joint bolt that fits to the intercooler pipe. Both of these parts seem to be required for fitting the larger style of cover only.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The smaller facelift engine cover saw in the image below seems to require two bolts and two different styles of nuts as you can see in the images below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Further update;
I've been in contact with ford and purchased the following parts to fit my facelift engine cover, i have purchased all brackets and bolts for both styles of engine cover because I'm not 100% sure what exact parts I'll need but I'm sure I have what will be required to fit both style of cover, so I may be selling some fittings onwards.
Here is my shopping list;

Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Part Number: 1347930(QTY1) Retail Price: 9.99
Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Part Number: 1347932(QTY2) Retail Price: 9.99each
Ford-Engine Noise Cover Nut Part Number: 1355877(QTY2) Retail Price: 1.92 each
Ford-Engine Noise Cover Stud Washers Part Number: 1364348(QTY2) Retail Price: .81p each
Ford-Inlet Manifold Bracket Part Number: 1373324(QTY1) Retail Price: 11.31

#23 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Be good to hear your progress on this Lenny.

I'm going to experiment with fitting one of these to a Fiesta, and if it goes well I'll post a thread in the Fiesta Club detailing what is needed.

I can't believe the price on the bolts though! £10 for a bolt?!?!

#24 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Be good to hear your progress on this Lenny.
I'm going to experiment with fitting one of these to a Fiesta, and if it goes well I'll post a thread in the Fiesta Club detailing what is needed.

I can't believe the price on the bolts though! £10 for a bolt?!?!

Thanks mate,
I'm posting as much detail as possible on this subject in order to help others as best possible perticurally those searching via Google etc.
Who are not yet members of the forum, because this topic has had over 2,000 views so it must be a popular part that people would like to fit on their ford.

And regarding the bots costing 10 pounds.
I think they are a custom built bolt specific for the purpose of mounting the cover with double ended threads.
But I reckon thes two bolts and two nuts is all that is required to fit the facelift cover, but we will know for certain in the coming weeks.

I owe you a pint for linking me to the other forum, that had the discussion on it
That link was a great leap in the two year quest to find the part numbers.
My engine cover is curently being colour coded but should be complete by Saturday 10th November and hopfully I'll have the fixings then too.
I plan to create a guide for the focus section too so between us; we will have both models coverd.

And I've found www.fordpartsuk.com to be slightly cheaper than the prices quoted above.

#25 grahamp

grahamp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Name: graham
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

What I'd like to know is why did my 1.6TDCi come without one? And the 2 others I lifted the bonnet on come to think of it..

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

What I'd like to know is why did my 1.6TDCi come without one? And the 2 others I lifted the bonnet on come to think of it..

Mine didn't have one neither,
And according to ford no 1.6TDCi engine on the 2008-2010 focus has one fitted because Ecat says its not an available part.
Eventhough it fits the mk2.5 perfectly and is available as standard on high spec mk2 focus models aswell as Cmax

#27 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hey Lenny,

I have got a cover through now for my car and offered it up, it won't be a straight forward fit for the Fiesta (I didn't expect it to be if I'm honest), but I think I can make it work. (Going to need trimming slightly to clear surrounding parts. (As the engine bay is obviously more cramped in a Fiesta).

One question though, before I got the cover, I assumed the bolts went into those white plastic holes but can now see that Ford don't use them. Instead they seem to actually be integral to holding some bits of the engine in place. On my car, when I shine a torch through the mounting holes of the cover, I can see heads of bolts.

What is it like on your Focus? Do I assume that these special mounting bolts actually replace the standard bolts, hence why they cost more?

I don't want to start undoing bolts on the engine unnecessarily!

Cheers.

#28 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hey Lenny,

I have got a cover through now for my car and offered it up, it won't be a straight forward fit for the Fiesta (I didn't expect it to be if I'm honest), but I think I can make it work. (Going to need trimming slightly to clear surrounding parts. (As the engine bay is obviously more cramped in a Fiesta).

One question though, before I got the cover, I assumed the bolts went into those white plastic holes but can now see that Ford don't use them. Instead they seem to actually be integral to holding some bits of the engine in place. On my car, when I shine a torch through the mounting holes of the cover, I can see heads of bolts.

What is it like on your Focus? Do I assume that these special mounting bolts actually replace the standard bolts, hence why they cost more?

I don't want to start undoing bolts on the engine unnecessarily!

Cheers.

Hi Alex,
I too have the white grommet caps around different spots at the top of the engine, but i dont think these get removed in order to fit the cover.
However i do believe two bolts do need to be removed and replaced with two of the double-ended bolts from ford.
But i think its two black headed bolts that get removed and not those with the white grommets over them.

I have recieved the parts ordered from fordpartsuk.com
As you can see in the image below, the bracket is huge lol but wont be required.
I reckon i just need the two bolts on the top right of the image and the two nuts on the bottom left. Perhaps the square spring washers too on the lower right of the image.

Posted Image

#29 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yeah thats what I meant. I had thought the white grommets got used, but instead it seems you have to remove two bolts holding parts of the engine together and replace them with the special stud/bolts which then provide a way of mounting the cover.

I have ordered some parts from the same place, how long did they take to come through?

Also let me know how you get on and I will do the same, although I am going to need to cut a few bits out of the cover to make it fit the Fiesta

#30 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,255 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yeah thats what I meant. I had thought the white grommets got used, but instead it seems you have to remove two bolts holding parts of the engine together and replace them with the special stud/bolts which then provide a way of mounting the cover.

I have ordered some parts from the same place, how long did they take to come through?

Also let me know how you get on and I will do the same, although I am going to need to cut a few bits out of the cover to make it fit the Fiesta

I placed the order on the 3rd November and arrived via post this morning 08th shipping from uk-ireland takes 3 days so your looking at 5 days leed time.
Unfortunitly im now in the situation where ive got the fitting kit but no engine cover lol
I phoned body shop this morning and it will be the 17th at the earliest when my parts are ready for collection but ill keep you and the thread updated on the progress.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users