Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Went Down On It’S Own, Now Wont Go Back Up.

snowscreen

Ford Focus 2005

Window went down on it’s own, now wont go back up.

Car was showing minus 10 all the way to work, it’s my otherhalfs Ford Focus 2005.

Made it to work ok... car was cleared from snow etc and windows were working fine.

Got to work + our carparks a mess so I put the drivers window down half way to hear if i was losing traction, it went down fine

Then on its own it put itself all the way down, glass didn’t fall off the runners it was like the motor was working and put the window down itself.

Now the window wont go up and you can’t hear the motor doing anything, passenger side works fine, both work off the same fuse.

Car has now been moved to our inside workshop in that hope that when the car warms up it’ll free itself

If not then I don’t know... I could take the door card off and try to manually put the window up? Or could use clingfilm shrinkwrap stuff to secure it!

Complete nightmare as I had lots to do tonight

It might be worth spraying the window motor with some wd40 or contact cleaner, maybe it's frozen. Worse case is it's burnt out and needs to be replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club