2 replies to this topic

#1 rbailey182

rbailey182

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo tddi

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

Well firstly hello everyone :)

Ok...... so... yes as the title says i think im suffering from egr syndrome... brought a 2001 mondeo tddi the other day and noticed its not running the best.. with me having a transit for work i noticed the same problems I was having with that when the fuel filter was knackered... been through the paperwork and its been replaced not long ago. This draws me to the conclusion that the poor running is down to the egr being clogged up to death. Ive already cleaned out the manifold ( a chimney sweep would have been proud with the amount of crap that came out of that) and its marginally improved the running but only once warm... i could see that egr valve but didnt know what to use to get it off with.

Which is kind of the point of this post really to ask for some advice. What tools do i need and whats the best way to get it off??

Any advice is appreciated

Oh i'll add on another note that it seems to take for ever for the temp gauge to show any heat and when its upto normal temps and if i get stuck in traffic it goes down again.... do i need a new stat?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

this may help with the egr valve
http://www.talkford....i-model-mondeo/

the gauge does sound a stat problem

#3 rbailey182

rbailey182

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo tddi

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

nice one thanks for the info :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users