Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problem "fixed"

Focus is cool

Hi folks

Some of you may remember about me posting about some problems I have had starting my 1.8 TDCi

Well after trying to get the car fixed at a local garage and them not finding anything wrong with the car I decided to just drive it until it would not start.

The car called it a day last week so I got it booked in to my local Ford dealer this week.

After inspection by the techs they thought it was the crank sensor , so it was replaced which threw up another fault for the butterfly on the inlet manifold which they then cleaned.

When I went to collect the car they told me what they had done and informed me that if there was more problems then the butterfly would need to be replaced which incorporates the inlet manifold.

The question is.... will the butterfly be OK now it has been cleaned or will it go again?

I assume there is a servo and receiver on it to work the throttle?

The car has less than 65,000 miles on the clock , is it reasonable for this to fail at such a mileage?