2 replies to this topic

#1 Colin T

Colin T

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Zetec

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hi to all Ford Focus owners

I've just changed my car from an old Mondeo to a 'not so old Focus' so I thought it would be a good idea to join this Forum to find information & perhaps give a little info when I can.

The Mondeo was Absolutely Fantastically Reliable, although looking very tired & rusty in the paintwork & body stakes, I'm now looking for somebody to give it a good home.

My Focus is an X reg 1.8 Petrol Zetec, Pacific Green and has had 2 owners and only 72,000 miles (no rust visible)

It came via Family so I know the general history of the car and it has always been serviced, Ford service + Independent Garage service.

Notwithstanding that, I've already had a few small items to attend to!

Rear wiper blade, old was starting to disintegrate and was only clearing about half the window....
Rear window washer....no water coming out.....will need to investigate - Still Needs Fixing
Engine oil replaced....looked ok but was about 3 cm too high on the dipstick!!
Poor starting when cold....New Spark plugs fitted...old ones were not tightened up...quite a lot of sooty deposits on threads + around spark plug recess
Air Filter replaced....old was really quite black
Engine Coolant low....needed 1 litre of Ford Anti-Freeze to top it up to Max level....after 500 miles its now half way between Max / Min....looks like this will need attention, I noticed some pink residue on one of the thermostat housing pipes - Needs Fixing

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5 petrol
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hi welcome :)

#3 jmurray01

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: None at present
  • Year: Non

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Welcome to the Ford-Owners-Club! B)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users