Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Change Indicators

mark t

Does anyone know about the Gear change indicators on the dash? On the Ford website is says Fiesta and Mondeo Ecos and transit diesels.

When i took a standard 1.6 petrol zetec s for test run, it had the little green upwards arrow on the dash, telling me to change gear, is this a standard thing these days?

failing that, I'll ask on Tuesday when I go to sign for mine, and remind him I want a spare wheel!!

Not noticed it on my Zetec S, is it new from the August revisions?

My Zetec TDCI doesn't have it, it was built in June though

Not noticed it on my Zetec S, is it new from the August revisions?

Not sure, mine was built mid-July.

my 59 Zetec S has a green indicator arrow pointing up when I start the ignition, I think this is the gear change arrow, but it doesn't light at all telling me to change gear when driving...

This one kept coming on, and every time I changed gear, it went out!

This one kept coming on, and every time I changed gear, it went out!

Yeah normally lights up around 2,000rpm depending on your driving style (maybe slightly higher in petrol model?)

Did any older model focus's come with this function? I remember hearing something about it before.

Mine is always at 2k; it's meant to be later when accelerating hard, but tbh I've never noticed it not on at 2k unless I'm in 5th or reverse. Could be because I'm looking at the road though and not a little green arrow. Was also the same on a 10 plate Zetec-S "anniversary" edition (which looks exactly like the S1600 - anyone else seen one of these?) I test drove before buying.