• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidewinder

sidewinder

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: 55 plate TDCi 130 ghia

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi 55 plate TDCI 130 6 SPD MONDEO 59000 on the clock, read some of the poor/lumpy acceleration issues so decided to have a look at the EGR valve wasnt in my mind clogged up but give it a clean anyway,put it back on went for spin,seemed worse i noticed today that the glow plug light was flashing so stopped turned off ,then restarted drove straight off. Car still hesitates under load , any suggestions would be appreciated,dont mind tackling small jobs but cant get to a garage till thursday...... thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

when you had the egr valve off did you check the intercooler pipe from the bottom of the valve for splits?

#3 sidewinder

sidewinder

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hi thanks for replying,had a quick look ,couldn't see right to the bottom tho ,could it be a knackered fuel filter,or dogy fuel .

#4 sidewinder

sidewinder

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Ok here's an update changed fuel filter ,driven 10 miles an all seems ok at the moment .Now would the fuel knacker the filter or would if be the filter ,if its the fuel then maybe I should contact the petrol station and let them know.Hopefully it was the filter ,as this was a reasonable fix at :23 .

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users