Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS kicking in on its own

Ali

Hi - just wondered if anyone had ever experienced this with their mondeo? We have an '02 2L mondeo zetec & now and again the ABS kicks in when you least expect it (not when it should!). It is very intermittent. We have taken it to a garage who couldn't find anything wrong, tried a few things & it seemed ok for a few months but happened again recently. (I have to say very smugly that it tends to happen when my husband drives it rather than me & I'm the main user .... ok, I'll wait for the backlash on that one!!! I have experienced it too though.) As I said it's been thoroughly checked a couple of times, brake pads changed, we even recently replaced the offside wheel bearing & stud axle though that seems to be unrelated, and passed the MOT ok. If anyone else has ever experienced this we would be really interested to know if its common & if there is anything can be done. My husband has even become paranoid its only when he puts on 5live & could it be the am frequency buggering it up?? Clutching at straws or what?

Comments on a postcard ... or on this forum please?

Thanks!

Ali