AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Ali

ABS kicking in on its own

1 post in this topic

Hi - just wondered if anyone had ever experienced this with their mondeo? We have an '02 2L mondeo zetec & now and again the ABS kicks in when you least expect it (not when it should!). It is very intermittent. We have taken it to a garage who couldn't find anything wrong, tried a few things & it seemed ok for a few months but happened again recently. (I have to say very smugly that it tends to happen when my husband drives it rather than me & I'm the main user .... ok, I'll wait for the backlash on that one!!! I have experienced it too though.) As I said it's been thoroughly checked a couple of times, brake pads changed, we even recently replaced the offside wheel bearing & stud axle though that seems to be unrelated, and passed the MOT ok. If anyone else has ever experienced this we would be really interested to know if its common & if there is anything can be done. My husband has even become paranoid its only when he puts on 5live & could it be the am frequency buggering it up?? Clutching at straws or what?

Comments on a postcard ... or on this forum please?

Thanks!

Ali