Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D4v1d

04 130Bhp Galaxy Wipers Stopped Working

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone first post here, But it's a fault I need fixing.

I went out to the car yesterday, started it fine, then noticed that the wipers didn't turn on. Then I remembered that once the wipers wouldn't wiper across the windscreen unless the car was moving forwards (I thought this was really weird) so I tried to wash the windscreen and the wipers didn't respond at all. The rear wiper works fine.

The fuses seem fine, I looked at the wiper motor today, It all seems fine at a quick glance. I drove the gear box with a spanner to the mid stroke, when I turned the ignition on, the wiper motor drove to the parked position but wouldn't drive as to wash or wipe the wind screen, Is there some thing I'm missing?.

Could be a couple of things,firstly the wipers work on what we call the lin bus signal circuit.The alarm system also works on this circuit. The alarm siren is prone to water ingress which then corrupts the wiper operation. I have also experiened relay problems, there are 2. Hope this helps, Jouxy.

Thanks Jouxy.

I went back to the basics and started to go through the fuses one at a time. I found that a 10amp stated as a fan fuse had blown. I replaced it and the wipers started to work straight away. I thought that the wiper fuse was listed as a 30amp fuse.

I have a MkII Galaxy 04 130Bhp, Is the fuse identifier for the fuse box correct on this car?.

Fuse listings are poor plus sorry for the info I thought you had later shape galaxy, if you need any more fuse info let me know

Hi d4v1d

see attached these should be correct for 2003-06.

tom

post-13968-063647200 1294259015_thumb.jp

post-13968-072622500 1294259031_thumb.jp