Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Handbrake Cover

mrobins64495

Hi all,

I can't find any where to buy one, I thought ford accessories might have one but they don't.

I just think having one without a cover looks crap, even a vauxhall has one.

Hi,

What year/mk is your car? european-parts for example has one for the mk7: mk7 leather handbrake

I couldn't agree more about the looks; I'm not a fan of the basic plastic covers - I added the interior pack primarily for the black leather cover!

Just go to your local dealer, am ask at parts. You should be able to get just about every part to build a new one!

There's a guy on e-bay who has just started selling leather handbrake gaitors which fit over the top of the existing plastic cover for less than £20 - so that you keep the main plastic handle section, but the rest is all nice leather.

I've got one due in the post any day (he made the gaiter from my handbrake) so I'll post some pics when it arives and I've fitted it., and a link.

There's a guy on e-bay who has just started selling leather handbrake gaitors which fit over the top of the existing plastic cover for less than £20 - so that you keep the main plastic handle section, but the rest is all nice leather.

I've got one due in the post any day (he made the gaiter from my handbrake) so I'll post some pics when it arives and I've fitted it., and a link.

Thanks for that it would be really quite helpful!

Would also appreciate seeing how it looks, whislt the offical one looks good, that is jsut a complete and utter rip off for what it is.

Do you have a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting my handbrake cover:

image169h.jpg

image168k.jpg

Looks OK and I'm not sure if it will wear along the sides where it touches the centre console. Tempted to try and find a leather and alloy handle to replace the plastic bit and then just use this leather cover has a gaiter - need to find out if the handle from a Ka or Focus would fit.

This is a link for the leather cover I have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-HANDBRAKE-GAITER-black-stitching-/350422782598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5196d35286

Finally got round to fitting my handbrake cover:

image169h.jpg

image168k.jpg

Looks OK and I'm not sure if it will wear along the sides where it touches the centre console. Tempted to try and find a leather and alloy handle to replace the plastic bit and then just use this leather cover has a gaiter - need to find out if the handle from a Ka or Focus would fit.

This is a link for the leather cover I have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-08-HANDBRAKE-GAITER-black-stitching-/350422782598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5196d35286

How did you fit it - did you cut away the plastic handbrake surround?

Too be fair thats not a bad job, and too me looks like it slids over the top of the plastic cover.

Thats right - you could probably fit it without removing anything at all, but to make sure it fitted right I look the top off the centre console (its all clip fittings) and then fitted the leather cover directly over the plastic one and put it all back together.

Hi all,

I can't find any where to buy one, I thought ford accessories might have one but they don't.

Hey fella. Did you end up getting one for European Parts? I tried a few months back but got told that they don't make the black covers in RHD anymore? Be great to know if you were able to get one as I'd love to fit it in my car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club