Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Usb Option And Ipod Issue

Hazel

Hi All

On Xmas eve I collected my new 1.3TDCi Zetec. I owned a Ka some 9 years ago and I am pleased with my new purchase which I primarily bought for its fuel economy, and low motoring costs. My husband told me to opt for the USB / bluetooth package as he has it in his BMW. He says the hands free phone is a boon and the ability to bring up and control our total music collection from the steering wheel controls is great.

On boxing day I managed to pair up my mobile to the KA's bluetooth and upload my contacts after a few attempts. I then plugged in my Ipod using my Apple USB cable as described in the leaflet given to me "Ford and your mobile phone. A clever connection" I then pressed the CD button and the sure enough a track started to play and the track name appeared on the dash. However that was it. The track names, albums or playlists cannot be brought up by any means and pressing either of the select buttons on the steering controls only restarts the same track.

Having now been back to the dealership today checking to see if I needed a special connecting cable it was obvious that no one there could give me a definitive explanation or answer. I sort of got the feeling that they felt the KA music system would not operate an Ipod as advertised and described in the KA brochure (in the Audio and connectivity section). They told me they will contact FORD in the New Year and come back to me.

I feel somewhat let down by this as I feel the KA brochure is misleading. It would seem the system is simply using the Ipod as a mass storage device so basically I would be better uploading some mp3 tracks onto a usb stick or CD. Its not Apple Ipod compatible as the KA brochure claims.

Anyone else cheesed off by this? I was looking forward to having my whole music library at my fingertips whilst driving and being able to select tracks at the touch of the steering wheel control as the brochure description and pictures suggest.

This has taken the gloss of what up to now has been a good purchasing experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hazel,

I had the same experience. The manual advertises i-pod compatibility but when you read the fine print in the manual that comes with the car, it states that it only works with ipods in mass storage mode. This means its not going to work with your iPhone or ipod touch or any of those.

I think this is blatant false advertising on behalf of ford and even if they have done nothing illigal, do they think they will be scoring any points with customers who thereafter find out that they have been misled?

I dont own an ipod (although I had thought of buying one just to, as you describe, have my entire collection at my fingertips) so I am not that upset, but I realy didnt expect to be misled like this.

P.S. I went to a Honda dealer today and they pull this stunt with their civics.

Vynz.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club