Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting - Glovebox Strip

MartynS

I've seen a few ambient lighting retrofit threads where a feed is taken from the light in the roof, but would it be possible to add the strip that goes above the glovebox in the way Ford do on the Zetec/Titanium? I can see the holes where the strip would clip in and a larger one at the end where the wire would go, but have no idea where it should go to.

Though bearing in mind the only place I've seen to buy it is on european-parts and this is the full kit with the other lights too, I can't really justify the cost! Unless this can be bought cheaper anywhere else on it's own?

I'm not too fussed by this as when I've seen it in other peoples cars it doesn't really stand out much, but if it's cheap and easy to do then I may as well!

Yeh that would be handy!

Anyone know about the ambient lighting then?

i am undergoing fitting this at the moment, it looks like i need to reprogram the GEM module in order for it to work though

will update you later this week when i get back to work and have access to an ids

am currently working on it, need to get hold of the ids machine for more than 5 mins so i can have a good fiddle and play around

should have a definite answer by the end of the week

I have got it to work. It will come on when the lights are on. Its not quite as ford intended but it works so im happy. You have to join two wires in order to get power but other than that it was all plug and play. Im well chuffed. Will add a guide to this thread shortly

I love these threads where everyone with the Zetec S tries to make them look like Titaniums. ;)

I love it when people with Titaniums try and make it look like a Zetec S - especially when it only has a 1.4 engine ;)

I love these threads where everyone with the Zetec S tries to make them look like Titaniums. ;)

Snobb? :) nothing wrong with improving ur car especially if it looks nice. No matter what model it is

I love it when people with Titaniums try and make it look like a Zetec S - especially when it only has a 1.4 engine ;)

Cheers, new it wouldn't take long for someone to fall into the trap. :P

The thing is, when I got my Tit in 09, it didn't look like a Zetec S because the Zetec S didn't have side skirts or the same front bumper/splitter, the only common feature was the rear spoiler. So, what they did was in future, make the Zetec S look like the Tit with dress up kit. :lol:

As for the engine, yep, 1.4 is pretty powerless, but so are all the other engines in the range and as it was bought for the wife, it didn't make a jot of difference. My car on te otherhand, is the one in front of the Fiesta in my avatar. Here's a clue, 3.2 litres and 340bhp. ;)

Snobb? :) nothing wrong with improving ur car especially if it looks nice. No matter what model it is

Snob? Moi?

Not a chance,if I was I wouldn't have bought a Fiesta.

I have got it to work. It will come on when the lights are on. Its not quite as ford intended but it works so im happy. You have to join two wires in order to get power but other than that it was all plug and play. Im well chuffed. Will add a guide to this thread shortly

I don't know why you'd go to so much hassle? Martyn why dont you just do what I suggested on ZSOC; you already have the bulb holders in place, all you want is a glovebox light then get a led strip, wire it to a push to break switch and then if you don't want to mess with the cars electrics just to a 9v battery in the glovebox. Put the push to break switch in the circular plastic piece top right of glovebox (bad description) when opened the strip will illuminate. Its like this on my car and its plenty bright and no need to mess about with the lights

I don't know why you'd go to so much hassle? Martyn why dont you just do what I suggested on ZSOC; you already have the bulb holders in place, all you want is a glovebox light then get a led strip, wire it to a push to break switch and then if you don't want to mess with the cars electrics just to a 9v Battery in the glovebox. Put the push to break switch in the circular plastic piece top right of glovebox (bad description) when opened the strip will illuminate. Its like this on my car and its plenty bright and no need to mess about with the lights

This is the strip in the dash not in the glovebox

Yeh its the strip above the glovebox I'm thinking about - tbh I rarely open the glovebox so have no need for a light inside!

while we wait for teh guide, do you have the details of the LED light strip you bought?

It was the genuine strip from ford and came with the one for the centre console

As for the engine, yep, 1.4 is pretty powerless, but so are all the other engines in the range and as it was bought for the wife, it didn't make a jot of difference. My car on te otherhand, is the one in front of the Fiesta in my avatar. Here's a clue, 3.2 litres and 340bhp. ;)

If it's "mine is bigger than yours" you want to play, I'll happily match your BMW and raise you a 4.0L Inline 6 Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute with 360bhp. And that's just a rep car :P

No matter what, someone will always be one up on you, a guy down the road has a new 5.0L Supercharged V8 with 415bhp. Makes the company car seem like, well a boring old company car. And for what it's worth, the 1.6L Ti-VCT engine is a little ripper. It may not be a powerhouse, but it craps all over the 1.4L IMHO. Then again, you don't buy a non-ST Fiesta for the power. The Fiesta will make my Falcon look like an overweight pig around a decent twisty mountain road. And no amount of ambient lighting can change that!

• Like 1

We are a bit slightly off topic now, comparing engine and !Removed! sizes can be quite fun in the proper threads!

*waits for ambient lighting guide!*

If it's "mine is bigger than yours" you want to play, I'll happily match your BMW and raise you a 4.0L Inline 6 Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute with 360bhp. And that's just a rep car :P

No matter what, someone will always be one up on you, a guy down the road has a new 5.0L Supercharged V8 with 415bhp. Makes the company car seem like, well a boring old company car. And for what it's worth, the 1.6L Ti-VCT engine is a little ripper. It may not be a powerhouse, but it craps all over the 1.4L IMHO. Then again, you don't buy a non-ST Fiesta for the power. The Fiesta will make my Falcon look like an overweight pig around a decent twisty mountain road. And no amount of ambient lighting can change that!

Hey, I wasn't playing any game, I was putting iNath right and he knows it, hence his lack of reply. ;)

Hey, I wasn't playing any game, I was putting iNath right and he knows it, hence his lack of reply. ;)

My ears are burning, did someone mention my name? :P

To be quite honest my perfect Fiesta would have been a Tit with dress up (wanted cruise control & keyless) but I'm happy with what I've got, and I prefer the looks of the Fez to any BMW sitting on your drive ;)

Back the the topic, be good to see Adam's strip at the meet in 2 weeks! (Keep it clean...)