Do Not Sell My Personal Information

c.v joint ? knock on the steering.

ANDY.C

Hello again was looking for some advice or possible diagnosis of a knocking noise when i turn the wheel on my 2001 mondeo zetec ,it does not knock all the time just when stering at slow speed like reversing off my drive for instance it will make a knock ,this happens maybe three times a day ,any ideas ??

Have been told it could be the cv joint , track rod end ? is this a hard job to tackle myself ? (haynes book on route)

Thanks for your help in advance..

Andy.

Hey mate, had to do a CV boot on my mk4 fiesta today and there horrible without the proper tool but if you replacing the whole CV joint it may make things alot easier, holding the CV joint on is just a surclip on the driveshaft and aslong as you put the boot over before reattaching the new joint you should be fine, but follow the manual carefuly. hope this helps

can you feel the knock through the pedals as well? i dont know if its related but there was a tsb raised about a knock at low tempurtures which was cured by adding extra silicone greese to the steering coloum bush, just add it to you list of possiblilitys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club