Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light On 52Reg Mkii 1.9Tdi Dashboard

mack2

Hi,

When I started the car the other day my Galaxy came out with an audible beep and a yellow warning light came on on the central dashboard light cluster.

I do not have a manual for my MKII 1.9TDi (nor can I find a manual that covers this 2002 model - does it exist?).

The warning light is a circle with two dashed line part the way around the outside of either side of the circle.

Have attached a couple of images showing the light and its position on the dashboard cluster.

It isn't the ABS light(yellow) or the Handbrake light(Red).

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Mack2

post-10556-009463500 1293998426_thumb.jp

post-10556-040131800 1293998451_thumb.jp

OK, so I did a bit of further surfing and have discovered this is a universal symbol for brake pad warning indicator.

First timer I have had a car with this on it so will now try and work out which pads are affected.

If anyone has access to an up to date manual I would like to know what edition it is as the one that came with my car is for a MKI which is of no use to me :-(

• 2 months later...

OK, so I did a bit of further surfing and have discovered this is a universal symbol for brake pad warning indicator.

First timer I have had a car with this on it so will now try and work out which pads are affected.

If anyone has access to an up to date manual I would like to know what edition it is as the one that came with my car is for a MKI which is of no use to me :-(

Hi Mack2

I have the same problem with my newly acquired 1.9 TDi, 2004 model and I am lookign to buy a Handbook on eBay. Did you manage to solve the problem in the end? (I initially thought it was the ABS light!)

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Defo the Low Brake Pad Waring Light. Either Pads are low as they will have a metal strap or faulty wiring. I believe if ABS Warning shows ABS Letters in yellow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club