Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limited Edition Fiesta Gtr

kirst88

to be honest, younger drivers usually dont go and buy a brand new car anyway, purely because insurance is so high. (unless their parents pay for their insurance)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strutter

• mikester

• iNath

• kirst88

With a 1.25 engine, it must be aimed at young drivers...

But once you have paid to £13k or whatever it is for the car, you're looking at at least £2k for insurance.

Then you'd have to deal with the the fact everyone will want to race you, and everyone will beat you.

Should be fine insurance wise, I mean look at the VXR body kit that you can have from the factory on Vauxhall Corsas like the 1.2. Insurance companies are not really bothered about optional extras, its more mods that you have done yourself that add on crazy money sometimes.

Wonder if it will go on the insurance register as a Fiesta GTR rather than an edge.

Regarding it being expensive to insure because its a 14k car, i disagree. When i was playing around my Zetec S was actually cheaper to insure than a 1.2 M reg Vauxhall Corsa.

Should be fine insurance wise, I mean look at the VXR body kit that you can have from the factory on Vauxhall Corsas like the 1.2. Insurance companies are not really bothered about optional extras, its more mods that you have done yourself that add on crazy money sometimes.

Wonder if it will go on the insurance register as a Fiesta GTR rather than an edge.

Regarding it being expensive to insure because its a 14k car, i disagree. When i was playing around my Zetec S was actually cheaper to insure than a 1.2 M reg Vauxhall Corsa.

Yep, value of car rarely makes a difference under £30k.

I've experienced that same thing before too. I get the impression that insurance companies assume that owners will take better care of newer cars when compared to an equivalent old banger.

im young (20) and i can see the point of the car in the light of, small engine cheaper insurance, and safer than rallying around in an old saxo/corsa (common where i live).

But as a GTR edition, id expect more...

• 2 weeks later...

I have this fiesta but de-stickered and changed the alloys, insurance for anyone younger than 19 is stupid, im 17 and my quote was like 4500, Im paying for the car myself on finance and the insurance comes out of my wages but its under my dads for £1600 i couldnt afford £4500. It is a pretty smart first car to have though :)

the insurance comes out of my wages but its under my dads for £1600 i couldnt afford £4500.

Hope that doesn't mean you've done the insurance in your Dad's name with you as a 'named driver'? If you drive the car most that would be insurance fraud known as 'fronting' and if you have an accident the insurance company will void your policy and you will be held responsible for all costs.

If the insurance has you as the main driver ignore all the above :)

Can we ask how much you paid for the car?

sad fact is, insurance company’s heavily over charge young drivers compared to other country’s, (just look at the USA for example) They make it so fronting is the only way a young driver can get insurance unless they drive a car worth less than kebab and a night out.

im speaking as a person who wanted to drive for years but could never afford the insurance. (im now 26 and pay for it all myself :))

I have this fiesta but de-stickered and changed the alloys, insurance for anyone younger than 19 is stupid, im 17 and my quote was like 4500, Im paying for the car myself on finance and the insurance comes out of my wages but its under my dads for £1600 i couldnt afford £4500. It is a pretty smart first car to have though :)

Fair play, glad you took stickers off, i think the car would look decent like that. You should post some pics up.

And as said above, are you only a named driver? who you insured with?

I wonder how many insurers will recognise this as a special edition - rather than a modified car. I would suspect not many - meaning the aiming of it at younger drivers is pointless anyway as the premiums will jump immediately.

As has been said - if I read this right your insurance is technically invalid anyway.

This is unwise by itself - posting the fact on an open internet forum is just plain silly.

Hope that doesn't mean you've done the insurance in your Dad's name with you as a 'named driver'? If you drive the car most that would be insurance fraud known as 'fronting' and if you have an accident the insurance company will void your policy and you will be held responsible for all costs.

If the insurance has you as the main driver ignore all the above :)

Can we ask how much you paid for the car?

Except they couldn't prove anything either way...

They cannont claim you are the main driver and have been driving it more than anyone else.

Insurance...bah they're all a bunch of con-men...

They cannont claim you are the main driver and have been driving it more than anyone else.

If they crash near a college/work place it'd be very easy for them to interview people at that site, all they gotta say is "oh yeah, he drives here in that car 5 days a week"

Wouldn't cost the insurance copy that much to get out of a few thousand pound claim!

If they crash near a college/work place it'd be very easy for them to interview people at that site, all they gotta say is "oh yeah, he drives here in that car 5 days a week"

Wouldn't cost the insurance copy that much to get out of a few thousand pound claim!

Anybody who does crash close to a school etc that they attend, it's likely they would only interview close friends, and even without cctv etc the evidance wouldn't stand up against a father saying I drive it more etc.

It's crap they cant proove !Removed!.

Of course they could - it's a piece of cake...

The car is presumably registered in his name and he pays for it every month - that's kind of a give away. Who pays for the servicing? Tax?

Do you think quotes aren't recorded? The computer systems at the insurers can easily cross reference a quote or £4500 with him as primary driver compared to £1500 as a named - I know this because I had a call regarding the retired named driver I added to my own policy to being it down by £20.

Insurance assessors are clever people paid to get their company out of paying out claims, a little digging around is easy enough - especially with the information they have access to. You will also find that the small print will be geared in the favour of the insurance company.

At the end of the day - insurers are businesses, who have a right to make money - they're not charities.

They asses risk - and bear in mind that in many, many cases they end up paying out vastly more than the premium of the policy - statistically the drivers who claim most are those with least experience, so they bear the brunt of those costs...

It is not a right that every 17/18/19 year old should have their own car - if you can't afford to insure it properly, then you can't afford to run it - simple.

(this developed into a generic post - it's not specifically aimed at the chap with the GTR)

Yeah they really can't prove who pays for servicing and tax etc...

As for the quotes, that could easily be talked away it proves nothing.

As for the car, if he has finance in his name than thats stupid, if your going as a named driver finance should be in the parents name, it would be incredibly hard to prove anything like this which is why so many people do it.

As for your insurance blab at the end, insurance is way over priced, and half of young people on a decent wage probably would still strugle to pay for it.

There is nothing wrong with it.

It's common for insurance company's to only insure the registered owner and keeper and the primary driver - if this is lied about then it's completely simple to trace with one phone call to the DVLA. This is the case with an alarming number of fronting cases.

I first got insurance on my own car aged 21. I have never paid more than £600 a year - I built up no claims on my mother's car from the age of 17 and on a scooter.

Nothing wrong with front you say - other than the poor third party who gets hit by a fronting driver. Let's say the fronter's insurance company refuses to pay their own claim - while they have a legal duty to pay the third party section, they will drag and drag and drag their heels and it could even result in the innocent driver's insurers needing to pay out extra for hire cars or even the claim itself - all those costs get passed onto the innocent driver when it comes to renewal, and indeed to the rest of us.

As an aside - it wasn't a blab.

It's common for insurance company's to only insure the registered owner and keeper and the primary driver - if this is lied about then it's completely simple to trace with one phone call to the DVLA. This is the case with an alarming number of fronting cases.

I first got insurance on my own car aged 21. I have never paid more than £600 a year - I built up no claims on my mother's car from the age of 17 and on a scooter.

Nothing wrong with front you say - other than the poor third party who gets hit by a fronting driver. Let's say the fronter's insurance company refuses to pay their own claim - while they have a legal duty to pay the third party section, they will drag and drag and drag their heels and it could even result in the innocent driver's insurers needing to pay out extra for hire cars or even the claim itself - all those costs get passed onto the innocent driver when it comes to renewal, and indeed to the rest of us.

As an aside - it wasn't a blab.

Except they wont refuse to pay as they really cant prove it.

So there is no harm except the lousy over charging insurance companies getting done out of £2000.

someone take this Robbins fella off his soapbox.

There's been many a time I've read on a forum about someone who got owned for fronting. It's not hard to prove, as mentioned assessors are there to get out of paying out. Besides if said parent is the registered keeper of a Beemer or merc or other typically 'older' person car, then the assessor is gonna laugh at the claim that the parent drives a fiesta most of the time. Besides if there was suspicion of fronting it would be up to the policy holder to prove otherwise not the other way round.

Fronting is illegal and people who do it deserve to be slapped with bans and fines.

Again not aimed at the guy with the gtr

I'm just stunned anyone has bought one. That sticker made on Paint on the radio really improves the car! :P

On the topic of insurance, my 1.2 2002 Corsa cost nearly £2000 to insure whereas the Fez costs around £800

Yeah, your wrong

Nothing like a good, reasoned, polite, open-minded discussion is there?

Yeah, your wrong

And of course you with your expansive knowledge & wisdom are so right. Please excuse the non-believers of this forum for daring to suggest otherwise.

Google is your friend....

Warning to parents on car insurance 'fronting'

Parents 'breaking law' on car insurance

Car insurance fronting by parents can 'wreck futures'

So ner :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club