• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 bill07

bill07

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

not what you want to hear but the best way to find it will be to take out the seats, carpet, boot carpet and get inside with a powerfull light and get some one to jet wash the car as you look for leaks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bill07

bill07

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

i have had problems with some st 170's leaking water in past the door membranes so check the drain holes in the doors.

#18 BJ1978

BJ1978

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Focus Estate 1.8
Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

I have this problem too, a puddle in the passenger footwell. I havent had chance to look at it yet, but i did see water dripping then start to run for a second (while i got in) from just to the left of the CD player.

I have been reading comments here, so will have a look asap.

#19 blackmagic1964

blackmagic1964

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I just had a new pollen filter cover fitted by Ford themselves, hoping this would solve the problem as everyone put it down to this, and the problem has been getting worse (now water is coming into the passenger footwell as well - the waterproof material/lining underneath has cracked). Unfortunately I went to the car today (after it had been raining) to find the same puddle in my back footwell.

Does anyone know were this could be coming from?? I have to add, that I reached up as far as I could under the passenger carpet and found that the higher (towards the windscreen) I went, the dryer the carpet was. The carpet in fact seemed to be getting wetter (i.e. the source) from towards the centre of the car (were the passengers right foot would roughly lie).

I really need help with this problem and appreciate any comments, answers or suggestions.

HI M8
open your boot and look at the roof lining across the back to see if it wet if so there may be a chance that the rubber tube that connects to your rear screen washer has come apart at the connector but thats usally when you use rear screen washer

#20 GraHal

GraHal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec 03 Reg

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hey, Ish (or anyone?)

Did you identify the source of your water leak problem?

Surely the modified scuttle cover (which fits above the pollen filter) does not need sealing against the windscreen?

The modified scuttle cover (for Focus 98 to 2004) has a 'water catcher / deflector tray' which fits under the windscreen and channels water off to one side and away (or should do?) and so prevents water getting into the pollen filter?

Anyway, I'll see if mine leaks with no sealing against the windscreen.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
GraHal

#21 howard milliken

howard milliken

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Howard
  • Ford Model: 2001 1.8 petrol ford focus
  • Year: 2001

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

hello there. im new to this.

I had the same problem with my 2001 1.8 petrol focus. i replaced the scuttle cover and the problem was still there only both front an back on both sides were full of water. i got a stone chip on the window an it got alot worse til i had to get the window replaced. i gt the window replaced and when this was happenin the window fitter told me that the window had been very badly sealed before. he got the window sealed up properly and i took the hole interior carpert out of car and dried out. i havnt had the problem again. puttin the full and proper seal on the new window cured the problem.

#22 Nikko 3001

Nikko 3001

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nicholas
  • Ford Model: Focus Hatchback
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Hello,

I own a 2006 Ford Focus Hatchback which i had recently bought. I had recently had leaks in the rear left passenger carpet, spreading down to the front left passenger carpet. I had also noticed, strangely, that there is water being collected from under the spare wheel, inside the compartment. im noticing a leak from the underbelly of the car exactly where the left rear carpet is. I know it may be some sort of bung or gasket i have to put in...but i just don't know what part i should get for it and how to apply it, let alone how to approach the situation. Please help.

Nikko

#23 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,470 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hello,

I own a 2006 Ford Focus Hatchback which i had recently bought. I had recently had leaks in the rear left passenger carpet, spreading down to the front left passenger carpet. I had also noticed, strangely, that there is water being collected from under the spare wheel, inside the compartment. im noticing a leak from the underbelly of the car exactly where the left rear carpet is. I know it may be some sort of bung or gasket i have to put in...but i just don't know what part i should get for it and how to apply it, let alone how to approach the situation. Please help.

Nikko

Hi mate,
the water under the spare wheel is most likely caused by the gap between your rear spoiler and the boot lid, also the seal at the top of the glass in the boot lid,their is sponge seals fitted by ford but the wear away through time and allow the water to get through,

its a common fault on the mk2 & mk2.5 model from 2005-2011
myself and a few other members have removed our rear spoiler and lined the area with some clear silicone sealent as a precaution because it had not happend to us at this stage but we knew that it was liable to happen in the future so to prevent wet carpets we sealed it up early in life.

and the leak in the front passenger goot well could be the pollen filter housing which is fitted behind the glove box,
they have been known to leak becuase when the pollen filter is changed the seal is supposed to be changed at the same time, and the seal can be difficult to get right on the unit thus allowing water in to the footwell,

but its highly unusual for you to get two leaks at the same time,
i reckon its the boot lid that is allowing the rain in, and its gathering in the tyre well, then when your driving and braking, the water is getting sloshed around, coming out of the tyre well and running down the left side of the car, falling in to the rear passenger footwell and up along the left side of the car.

#24 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,742 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

to seal the rear first get tiger seal sealant now open the boot and look at the hinges they will be sealed at the sides and bottom but the top isnt sealed seal this are on both sides allow to dry then paint over with a touch up kit.
next remove the rear lights only 2 screws and see where the screws go into a plastic cup with a foammembrane round it use tiger seal all round this membrane cover so it has a seal all round then pop a bit on the screw hole and refit the lights
last is the 2 nuts that hold the bumper in place on the rear have the same fixings as the lights seal these also
seal the rear spoilker and the 3rd brake light now the whole rear is sealed

#25 fford2012

fford2012

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: andrew
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

hi i would like to thank you all for posting messages about ford focus 2004 water in passenger footwell as you all know this is due to pollen filter cover fitted by Ford themselves after a major service i had my one fix by ford for free and now letter of complaint

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,470 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

hi i would like to thank you all for posting messages about ford focus 2004 water in passenger footwell as you all know this is due to pollen filter cover fitted by Ford themselves after a major service i had my one fix by ford for free and now letter of complaint

ford sent you a letter of complaint after you made them fix it for free?

#27 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,742 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

query the mk2 doesnt have a seal on the pollen filter does it just that screw on door cover?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users