Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Remote Central Locking

mikebass87

Hi all,

I bought a year 2000 focus back in jan 2010, the lady i bought it from said the remote central locking had been bit intermittent and then had stopped working a few weeks before i bought car from her. the key works fine as it starts the car and central locking works fine when key is used manually in door keys.

in the last week or so i have been trying to get it to work as prefer to use the remote central locking, after alot of looking on the net i have tried a few things.

i have replaced the '63' fuse that is tucked away behind the glove box, changed the battery in the key etc.

I have tried the putting key in ignition and turning to II and off 4 times in 6 seconds, there is then a chime and at this point i need to press a button on the fob to reprogramme the key, however, nothing happens when I have pressed any of the buttons.

what can i do to try and get the remote locking working again?

thanks for any help

Mike

Hi all,

I bought a year 2000 focus back in jan 2010, the lady i bought it from said the remote central locking had been bit intermittent and then had stopped working a few weeks before i bought car from her. the key works fine as it starts the car and central locking works fine when key is used manually in door keys.

in the last week or so i have been trying to get it to work as prefer to use the remote central locking, after alot of looking on the net i have tried a few things.

i have replaced the '63' fuse that is tucked away behind the glove box, changed the battery in the key etc.

I have tried the putting key in ignition and turning to II and off 4 times in 6 seconds, there is then a chime and at this point i need to press a button on the fob to reprogramme the key, however, nothing happens when I have pressed any of the buttons.

what can i do to try and get the remote locking working again?

thanks for any help

Mike

The only way to correct this is to take it to a ford dealer as it will need to be linked upto WDS which is a computer data reading system to clear all old data and fault code and then reprogrammed with new codes via the system

hope that helps

Al

The only way to correct this is to take it to a ford dealer as it will need to be linked upto WDS which is a computer data reading system to clear all old data and fault code and then reprogrammed with new codes via the system

hope that helps

Al

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Al, I dont want to spend loads at the local dealer so would prefer just to use the key manually if need be.

Our transits at work have a separate key fob that have been bought separate and then programmed to suit the veichle using the ignition on off sequence, would the same key fob work on my year 2000 focus by using the main key in the ignition and then once i hear the chime, pressing the unlock button on this separate key fob?

Another option would be that as the chime is sounding, this sequence must work, however its failing as the key fob i use at the moment must not be giving off a signal etc so it may be damaged, if I were to buy the same 3 button fob off eBay and swap the internal parts into my current key and reprogramme it, would the key still start the car etc?

Thanks

Mike

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Al, I dont want to spend loads at the local dealer so would prefer just to use the key manually if need be.

Our transits at work have a separate key fob that have been bought separate and then programmed to suit the veichle using the ignition on off sequence, would the same key fob work on my year 2000 focus by using the main key in the ignition and then once i hear the chime, pressing the unlock button on this separate key fob?

Another option would be that as the chime is sounding, this sequence must work, however its failing as the key fob i use at the moment must not be giving off a signal etc so it may be damaged, if I were to buy the same 3 button fob off ebay and swap the internal parts into my current key and reprogramme it, would the key still start the car etc?

Thanks

Mike

Hi, Mike

Did you resolve this problem? If not, I may have an answer.

Regards

Old Mac

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club