Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Brakes And Callipers

mrdib

Can anyone out there please help?

I bought a MK11 Si 2.5 hatchback and although I noticed the hand brake had trouble at times, put it down to a loose cable. When the car went for it's MOT, the cable was found to be wrapped around one suspension bar and on the other side, was hanging loose!. The guy who I bought it from me that the guy before him had uprated the brakes to mk3 discs all round. here is the problem though: When viewed from the outside if you were looking at the nearside wheel, the calliper is at 10 o'clock which means that standard hand brake cables do not reach as the carrier is facing forwards. We have even tried mk3 estate cables to reach and these fall short, (they are 11" longer than the mk11 hatchback cables). I have done loads of research and all mk3 rear brakes callipers seem to face at 2 o'clock. Is there any way I can obtain cables to fit? Or more to the point; has anyone ever come across this before?

Any help would be great as it has stumped me, the garage and a parts supplier and as a result, I have no car!

If anyone does know of a possible solution and would like more info, please let me know and I will send a contact number.

Many thanks

iT WOULD SEEM A CUSTOM CABLE WOULD BE YOUR OPTION.

It has been a while since I looked at a copy but try "Cars and car conversions" or some such other car magazine and look at the adverts in the back. A bit "old school" I know but it might work.

Failing that google!

i agree with bill, i would try and get some original calipers and sell the ones currently fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club