Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOCUS 1.8LX 2004

zak007

Hi guys new to the forum recently bought a ford focus 1.8lx 2004 plate with full main dealer service history only done 60K.

After a week the fuel guage is playing up and is constantly shown the petrol tank to be full or even exceeding the full amount. The other thing I noticed is that on revving the engine, the rev counter dial tends to get stuck, although the engine sounds fine.

On closer inspection the the digital dash has two scratched on the clear window on the inside leading me to believe that the digital instrument dash at some point has been either fiddled or changed.

Lastly the car has had two different owners from new in two completely different locations/towns, but the service history is all from one main dealer garage.

Now this may be coincidnece but why take your car so far to get it serviced from that particualr dealer.

Now on contacting the main dealer they have no recollection of the car ever been to them.

I brought the car private is there anything I can do, I think the history is all forged but all stamped up to date and looks very genuine.

Thanks guys

Hi guys new to the forum recently bought a ford focus 1.8lx 2004 plate with full main dealer service history only done 60K.

After a week the fuel guage is playing up and is constantly shown the petrol tank to be full or even exceeding the full amount. The other thing I noticed is that on revving the engine, the rev counter dial tends to get stuck, although the engine sounds fine.

On closer inspection the the digital dash has two scratched on the clear window on the inside leading me to believe that the digital instrument dash at some point has been either fiddled or changed.

Lastly the car has had two different owners from new in two completely different locations/towns, but the service history is all from one main dealer garage.

Now this may be coincidnece but why take your car so far to get it serviced from that particualr dealer.

Now on contacting the main dealer they have no recollection of the car ever been to them.

I brought the car private is there anything I can do, I think the history is all forged but all stamped up to date and looks very genuine.

Thanks guys

do a hpi check, itll give you a lot of info and the recorded milleages at mot etc and whether its been scrapped etc, had some problems with mine and had a millegae investigation undertaken to make sure everything is ok on the milleage side,

on the mk1 focus you could do a guage test, not sure if you can on newer models, hold the rest button down and turn the ignition on, hold tghe button in for a few secconds then press it a few times untill the guages sweep/

the fuel gauge is a commomn fault it sounds like it is earthing out or the sender unit is shot, if your car was serviced at a dealer it should be on there computerised system. further investigation is certainley needed !

Hi did a full hpi, accident report came back all clear. You cannot obtain a mileage check with all vehicles only if the data has been updated by dvla etc no mileage detail info available check was guaranteed for up to 5k

Thanks

Hi also to mention the main dealer I contacted could not find anything on the system, they told sometimes if the vehicle has been a company car they need the company name not much help beyond that.