Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-Max Passenger Seat Plastic Trim

littlebilly1

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem, The Plastic trim on the side of the passenger seat has broken and I was wondering if anybody knew if these parts were available to buy? If so where would I be able to get one from in the uk? It's come off and looks like the clips that hold it in place have snapped off

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem, The Plastic trim on the side of the passenger seat has broken and I was wondering if anybody knew if these parts were available to buy? If so where would I be able to get one from in the uk? It's come off and looks like the clips that hold it in place have snapped off

Hi there..

Any luck with this yet? I have the same issue, but on the drivers side.

It's the plastic trim where the seat height handle is. It seems the clip has broken, and now the trim is hanging a bit loose near the front of the trim, making it so easy to get your foot caught on it when you get out of the car. Very annoying!

• 1 year later...

Did either of you have any luck with this?

The plastic trim (near the seat height handle) in my 2011 C-Max has come way from both the passenger and driver's seat. Don't think it's a problem other than aesthetically, but it would be nice if it could be fixed

That's amazing news littlebilly. So happy for you and proud of the ford garage. What type of cmax have you got friend?

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, have just replace the drivers side seat trim on my Cmax Titainium 11reg.

New part £25 approx purchased.

Check out the back of the new item, and you can see its fixings.

There is a self taping screw front and back, the recline knob and the height

lever adjuster that needs to be removed.

Removing old/broken trim.

Under the front of the seat is a black box, pull down slightly so you can get a

Phillips screw-driver onto the front screw, and remove it.

Pull up the height adjust leaver up, and with a small flat head screwdriver, unclip

from inside the leaver, and slide off.

With a large flate screwdriver gently ease off the recline knob.

Lastly remove the last screw from the rear of the seat moulding.

You may need to move the seat back and forth to access the screws.

Ease the old trim forewads, and pop out lift over the leaver and spigot to remove.

Fitting the New Moulding.

Do not bang or force the new moulding, it will pop into place when aligned correctly.

Pop the new moulding over the spigot and leaver.

Move forward, and engage the two retaining "tongues" into the slot at the front

of the seat, similtainiously fitting the middle tongue into the slot into the trim.

Gently ease it toward the rear of the seat, and pop over the back of the seat.

Locate and screw in the front self taper tighten up.

Locate and screw in the rear self taper and tighten up.

Gently slide the plastic height adjust leaver back on, and ensure it locks into it's tab.

Fit and push in the recline knob. (You may need to wind a little selotape around

the spigot to ensure a snug fit)..........................Job complete!

If you require step by step pictures, please email me and I will send over to you.

Buckster

A good write up there Pete!

If your willing to, it would be handy to get the pictures together and we could compile it into a formal guide?

• 3 years later...

My drivers side just broke too. Im '13 reg and bucksters '11 reg broke 2014 So it looks like they last about 3yrs. Does anyone else think this is a bit crap? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi - sorry to drag up an old topic, but my local Ford garage want to charge £116 to fix my driver side plastic trim (C-Max Titanium X - 2014)

Can anyone confirm what the part number is - as I think £116 seems a little bit on the excessive side for a piece of plastic (it broke before, and I'm sure last time it was about £50)?

• 2 months later...

Hi I have the same issue with 14 plate cmax. Any suggestions for a cheap solution. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck with the drivers side as it has the electrics on it 

• 1 year later...

Hi evertyone, yep the drivers side plastic trim on my c-max titanium has sheared off at the front. Its hanging off and will get caught when i alight the vehicle. Tried some of that american super JB steel glue. Let it set for 18hrs. But it snapped again as soon as i sat in the drivers seat. Looks to be a proper fault with the c-max. My c-max is a 16 plate, so it looks as if the trim does fail after 3 - 4 yrs.