Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob question

mm77

hi new to forum hope this is correct place to ask general question

I've purchaesd a focus 1.8 tdi cl but it has no key fob, do i neeed one for alarm etc or could i survive with just the key

Where did you buy the car from? Should it not have remote central locking and in that case you will need a key fob.

i think the early models had central locking but not remote locking

Well it was sorted out but what hassle, basiclly the dealer needed a locksmith to make a new key and chip but the one they tried couldnt visit in time.

So it was arranged at a location that suited us and the garage would pay ie locksmith invoice the garage, the locksmith did'nt turn up on the first appointment so was re-arranged. When he did turn up 2 hours late it was explained the garage would pay that was agreed and key & chip done.

then about hour later he rang back claiming now we owed him some money and wanted the key back as the garage won't pay him cash. Then the garage rang to explain he had created a fuss and kicked off in the garage and apolise to us if he turned up and the contract was still between the garage and the locksmith

Seems in current climate no one trusts anyone any more.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club