Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,182 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

'I think the EGR valve is located at the nearest point to the windscreen in the engine bay and I can see the rail / actuator move when revved.'

thats the turbo mate,

the egr is located at the front left of the engine as you look at it. has a big hose going into it from the intercooler

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Z3 MON

Z3 MON

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 115 Mistral 2004
  • Year: 2004

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

As above, sounds like a pipe split too me though

#18 MR.G

MR.G

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: lee
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2007

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

If its not a split egr pipe, try a new fuel filter, if you get  your fuel  from asda etc its a common fault

#19 FEWRIOUS

FEWRIOUS

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 1.4 tdci 5dr

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Got a similar problem with mine and on diagnostic 1&4 injector knock so luckily garage who I bought it off is standing warranty work, they replaced all 4 which was very kind of them but where having problems recoding and getting running right so they tried another set of injectors and same problem, I'm not car mechanic but I've work on motorbikes for years and did a little digging about myself via the forum and suggested to them the diesel fuel pump as these can give up and allow small fragments of metal through the filter and damaging injectors so they checked the fuel filter for its contents and hey presto looks like this was the original problem but damaged injectors aswell, it's a costly job to have done at garage as you'll need to flush the complete system from tank through to injectors but you'll halve the cost if your good with the spanners and from what I've been told through garage friends out of all the super markets for fuel ( every little helps ) is the main one to stay away from for diesel ( not naming them lol ) luckily for me it's not costing me a penny but I've been without my car for last 3 weeks which is a right pain in the !Removed!, I know you here a lot of bad things about mondeos but that's what forums are all about, show me a forum that does nothing by praise the car as don't think there's any and the cars are a good car as let's be honest taxi drivers use them, police have used them so the readability can't be that bad ;-)

#20 ODDO

ODDO

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0ltr TDI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hi everyone. My Mondeo 2.0ltr TDI 2005 model had the flashing heater plug light problem and also the engine management light was on permenant, with loss of engine power.
I read several comments and the EGR valve popped up many times as a possible problem. Given that you can remove it in less than 15 mins, and the fact that cleaning it thoroughly costs nothing, this seemed a good place to start.
I can confirm the valve was full of gungy oil and carbon deposits at least 1cm thick in places. It took longer to clean it than to remove it, however the car is now running superb and the two warning lights are gone.
If you are not too confident with spanners then there is a video on u-tube showing exactly what to do and how it works. There are only 4 small bolts, 1 hose clip and an electrical multi plug to disconnect, so very straightforward. Hope this helps

#21 Simon whirlwind

Simon whirlwind

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Mondeo mk3 TDCI 130 Ghia
  • Year: 2004

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi all,

Just had another pipe fitted from the Turbo to the EGR vale. I had the pipe already as it was leaking and putting fumes into the cabin of the car, and had the EGR valve cleaned out at the same time. I had a flashing glow plug light and limp mode, and engine management light on (code P2263, boost issue). I thought as I had the pipe I might as well get it fitted first. Although the fault was a boost issue, I thought I had to start somewhere ? Anyway took the car for a spin this morning and gave it a good run. The car was going great and I even took it back to the garage to tell them all is well, They asked me to rev the engine, which I did and the mechanic said the engine is smoking. Of course I told him "its done 136,000 what do you expect". I turned the engine off (went to the loo !!!!), Re-started it, drove it away for 100 yards and the glow plug light was flashing and limp mode. I  went into town (down a hill), parked the car for a couple of hours. Drove it home and it had plenty of power, and no light on......What is going on ????? any ideas ????

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users