• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cobes1981

cobes1981

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Need some help, had a leek in power steering system and eventually tracked it down to a pipe, it is the one which comes out of the rack after removing a bracket and then just pulling the pipe out, it then joins onto a flexi which goes up and under the airbox and battery tray and joins onto the cooling pipe behind the radiator on the nearside. The pipe is leaking on the metal part, not sure what this is made of, this is my first question. Also could anyone tell me whether this is a High pressure pipe which I would be better getting replaced completely or is it one of the lower pressure pipes which a could maybe seal up with some hose and jubilee clips?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

Need some help, had a leek in power steering system and eventually tracked it down to a pipe, it is the one which comes out of the rack after removing a bracket and then just pulling the pipe out, it then joins onto a flexi which goes up and under the airbox and battery tray and joins onto the cooling pipe behind the radiator on the nearside. The pipe is leaking on the metal part, not sure what this is made of, this is my first question. Also could anyone tell me whether this is a High pressure pipe which I would be better getting replaced completely or is it one of the lower pressure pipes which a could maybe seal up with some hose and jubilee clips?

you would be better getting replaced completely
then you no the job is a good one try a breakers yard. :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users