Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011Fiesta Thread

2011fiesta

Thanks Graham, I guessed you were talking about my fiesta and not the leaf by the fifth word lol.

Nice to hear theres another automatic fan here too, I love them.

Well yeah I was talking about your car looks great, yeah this fiesta is the 1st manual car I've had in ages. My previous cars have all been big engined 4 wheel drive auto's which I loved but the running costs were getting crazy , hence the new diesel fiesta manual LOL. Still I love driving and I'm enjoying the go cart handling, its taking me back to when I was 21 and had a new XR2. How are you finding the 1.4 fiesta auto bet its very relaxing and smooth to drive?

How much is it to lease the batteries?

Im not sure, I didn't go into alot of detail with them to be honest and forgot to ask this question.

Well yeah I was talking about your car looks great, yeah this fiesta is the 1st manual car I've had in ages. My previous cars have all been big engined 4 wheel drive auto's which I loved but the running costs were getting crazy , hence the new diesel fiesta manual LOL. Still I love driving and I'm enjoying the go cart handling, its taking me back to when I was 21 and had a new XR2. How are you finding the 1.4 fiesta auto bet its very relaxing and smooth to drive?

lol. Yeah its suprisingly smooth for being coupled to a small engine and I find driving very relaxing and smooth, such a breeze, especially in rush hour/stop start traffic. I don't understand why autos aren't the norm here and manuals are for petrol heads only like in the US.

Im not sure, I didn't go into alot of detail with them to be honest and forgot to ask this question.

lol. Yeah its suprisingly smooth for being coupled to a small engine and I find driving very relaxing and smooth, such a breeze, especially in rush hour/stop start traffic. I don't understand why autos aren't the norm here and manuals are for petrol heads only like in the US.

My other half lives in the States so I spend alot of time there and the thought of getting a stick shift is like living in the dark ages for them, I also think driving an auto makes you drive to a higher standard because its so smooth you feel like ur driving a limo and its more rewarding to drive it slowly than thrash it. At the end of the day the roads are so conjested now it doesnt make so much difference if ur car isn't that fast. I tend to drive for economy now but still like a nice looking car.

My other half lives in the States so I spend alot of time there and the thought of getting a stick shift is like living in the dark ages for them, I also think driving an auto makes you drive to a higher standard because its so smooth you feel like ur driving a limo and its more rewarding to drive it slowly than thrash it. At the end of the day the roads are so conjested now it doesnt make so much difference if ur car isn't that fast. I tend to drive for economy now but still like a nice looking car.

You are spot on, since getting an auto my aim has suddenly became driving as smoothly as possible as if I'm a chauffeur or something - and obviously smooth braking and acceleration is good for the fuel economy as well as the passenger comfort levels.

I do look at cars with manual gearboxes now as a car thats missing a luxary feature I've come to expect/want. Lol. Sorry no offence to anyone - just what automatics do to you I guess.

You are spot on, since getting an auto my aim has suddenly became driving as smoothly as possible as if I'm a chauffeur or something - and obviously smooth braking and acceleration is good for the fuel economy as well as the passenger comfort levels.

I do look at cars with manual gearboxes now as a car thats missing a luxary feature I come to expect/want. Lol. Sorry no offence to anyone - just what automatics do to you I guess.

Another thing is u probably get a really good resale value cos some older drivers can't drive the manuals, keep in touch and let us know how much your enjoying ur new car :)

Another thing is u probably get a really good resale value cos some older drivers can't drive the manuals, keep in touch and let us know how much your enjoying ur new car :)

Hm I think it'll be harder to sell as it'll have a limited market to sell onto.

(And my cars a year and a half old now, this is just my old thread I've bumped, and I dont have permission to rename it)

• 3 months later...

Just changed my DMB chrome overlay on the steering wheel to a black one. Looks much better I reckon.....

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

Just changed my DMB chrome overlay on the steering wheel to a black one. Looks much better I reckon.....

Agreed :)

Agreed :)

I got back in the car tonight and it was like having a newer steering wheel :D

While I'm in my old thread heres a few of the latest pics I took a few weeks back...

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1448-Copy.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

(yup I still haven't changed back to my 1 line plate, this ones been growing on me :wacko: lol)

Mine came today - considered chrome on black but didn't think it stood out enough... went for chrome on carbon fibre in the end :P

Mine came today - considered chrome on black but didn't think it stood out enough... went for chrome on carbon fibre in the end :P

Got any pics dude?

Got any pics dude?

Can't be bothered uploading it to here, I'll tweet them :)

I like the extra bit of chrome on the bonnet very unique x

I like the extra bit of chrome on the bonnet very unique x

Thanks, that was the idea :) . Looks even more different now with the new grille and current plate

I really like it I would have been interested about putting it on my car if it didn't go up in flames last night lol :-/

I really like it I would have been interested about putting it on my car if it didn't go up in flames last night lol :-/

Yeah just been reading about that Roxanne. Must be totally gutting. Really sorry to hear about it :-s

yeah proper shock but hey ho im still alive and thats all that maters :)

have to start looking for a new car :)

• 3 months later...

Where did you bought thoose rear mud flaps? I'm looking at buying them, but i'm a bit scared about the road kerb at parking, don't wont to brake them.

Hi Toni,

I can't remember where I got them to be honest. Probably either eBay or these guys: http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/search,i.html?q=mud+flap&manufacturer=Ford+Fiesta

I wouldn't worry about them hitting the kerb - this has never been an issue for me. They don't really go low enough to hit the kerb.

Paul :)

Might as well throw up some pics from a few recent little drives while this old thread has been resurrected (any excuse) :D

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1811.jpgIMG_1812-1.jpg

IMG_1813-1.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

Oh look! Welsh !Removed!. (sorry)

Lol wasn't !Removed! for me, I was petrified one was going to ram my car, especially when they started jumping over each other as they nervously passed the side