Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Bonnet On Mk3

gloss123

Hi guys, you may be aware from my earlier post that I am about to purchase a new bonnet for my mk3 mondeo, after sliding into back of flat bed truck last week. Thankfully only the bonnet is damaged and I am going to replace it myself,have found a couple on eBay the right colour for about £50. Are the bonnets easy to replace? I have searched on the internet but its only bringing up fixing bonnet locks, which seems to be a common problem on these cars, and I am preparing myself for this to be an issue too, once I take mine off. Is it just a case of taking off sound proofing, screen wash pipes etc and unbolting at the hinges then just doing a straight swap or is it more complicated eg lining up, lock problems etc. It would be great to hear from anyone that has done one.Thanks

Ive never done a mondeo bonnet but i imagine that it will be the same as most cars. disconnect the washer hoses etc. remove the 4 bolts holding the bonnet onto the hinges.

when refitting, you might need to play about with the bonnet to get it lined up but simple enough. The bonnets you are looking at on eBay may be the same colour but i very much doubt they will be the correct shade - all you can do is see how it looks on the car.

Thanks for the advice. Thought it would be fairly straight forward. I checked with ford on my vin number re colour and they have told me it is Amapo Blue, and this is the colour of the ones I am buying, but like you say, your bound to get different shades. Thanks again, nice to know someone is picking up on my posts, my first didn't get any replys although it was fairly long winded!

Thanks for the advice. Thought it would be fairly straight forward. I checked with ford on my vin number re colour and they have told me it is Amapo Blue, and this is the colour of the ones I am buying, but like you say, your bound to get different shades. Thanks again, nice to know someone is picking up on my posts, my first didn't get any replys although it was fairly long winded!

When i went to get paint/lacquer for my mirrors, the guy at the desk said 'oh theres about 15 shades of panther black...'

Cant say i have noticed or read your first post but then alot of them do seem to sneak past without being noticed.