Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka - Indicator & Horn Problems

Leah1980

I have a 53 plate Streetka which I love but things just keep going wrong with it.

I currently have an issue where my indicators don't work UNLESS I keep the hazard switch pushed in, which means my hazards do not work at all...

Also the horn doesn't appear to be working..

Are these problems linked?? Somebody mentioned it could be 'a relay', is this correct and if so what kind of relay am I looking for??

Please help

Hi Leah...don't quote me on this, but I suspect its your multifunction switch rather than a relay. See here so you know what I'm talking about

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Multifunction-Switch-Ka-Puma/dp/B003AQWLZS

However, this one will probably NOT fit the StreetKa, so have a word with a mechanic for a second opinion, but at least you know what I'm on about when I say multifunction switch.. This would be my first port of call. If you can get in touch with someone local to you in the Staffs area who may be able to swap theirs onto yours to see if this is the problem then this may be a start before you go and spend daft money if it isn't this switch after all.

So if anyone out there can help Leah, drop her a line before she gets her hard earned cash out.

Hi Graham

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll have a look into this.

And please if anyone else can help me, please let me know...

i would try a relay first as its the cheaper option( around £5 from halfords) than a new stalk assembly.on the ka there is a relay plugged into the back of the indicator stalk under the cowling) but i do not know if the streetka is the same.

Hi Graham

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll have a look into this.

And please if anyone else can help me, please let me know...

Leah, I sent you a private message a day or two ago on this forum in case you haven't read it...Graham

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club