Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Metal Short-Screech When Setting Off/lifting Clutch In 1St

hora

This is pronounced/easily noticeable when the car is cold for circa the first 15mins.

Its a sort of metal(?) short screech and normally happens when I'm lifting the clutch to set off in 1st gear. It may happen when the car is fully warmed up however I can't hear it.

In addition, when sat at idle if I dip the clutch- the engine changes note (becomes slightly quieter).

In addition (I think this is a seperate issue?):

On full lock to lock whilst reversing there is a groan/moan (from the powersteering pump?). Checked the level- its full/no leaking/drop.

The moan sometimes continues even when I’ve straightened the wheel and carry on backwards (i.e. reversing onto my drive).

The moan only occurs when reversing- not full lock in 1st gear.

What could it be?

This is pronounced/easily noticeable when the car is cold for circa the first 15mins.

Its a sort of metal(?) short screech and normally happens when I'm lifting the clutch to set off in 1st gear. It may happen when the car is fully warmed up however I can't hear it.

In addition, when sat at idle if I dip the clutch- the engine changes note (becomes slightly quieter).

In addition (I think this is a seperate issue?):

On full lock to lock whilst reversing there is a groan/moan (from the powersteering pump?). Checked the level- its full/no leaking/drop.

The moan sometimes continues even when I’ve straightened the wheel and carry on backwards (i.e. reversing onto my drive).

The moan only occurs when reversing- not full lock in 1st gear.

What could it be?

with regards the metal screech it could be the the clutch release bearing, it could be wearing and drying.

how do you know its the power steering pump making the noise, just a note do not lock your wheels on full steering lock for long (five seconds max) as this may well cause damage too your power steering pump and or steering rack.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club