Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Lx Mkii

37bodie

Any ideas why my car (1.6 55 plate MKII petrol Focus) is using more fuel now than when I serviced (air filter, oil & oil filter, plugs and pollen filter) it? The plugs were almost rusted to the block, due to as I discovered on here the washer jets not being sealed on the bonnet. Its now doing up to 50 miles less on a full tank than it was. Ive not touched anything else and my journeys havent changed? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Pretty much all of it, except the DPF is a catalytic converter, and I am not too sure on the replacement mileage for that!

Any ideas why my car (1.6 55 plate MKII petrol Focus) is using more fuel now than when I serviced (air filter, oil & oil filter, plugs and pollen filter) it? The plugs were almost rusted to the block, due to as I discovered on here the washer jets not being sealed on the bonnet. Its now doing up to 50 miles less on a full tank than it was. Ive not touched anything else and my journeys havent changed? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

It could just be the extreme weather we have been experiencing. Takes longer to warm the engine up, heaters, demisters aircon working at full pelt, crawling around in lower gears in snowy conditions. It's not uncommon for fuel economy to drop by around 10% in winter conditions. Me, I would not be unduly concerned about it, if every thing else about the car feels right.

I have a 55 plate 1.6 Focus and I average just over 33 mpg [brimmed data] a year on 5,500 miles, 38% mileage of that is on touring holidays. The vast majority of the rest of the mileage is spent knocking around town on 2 mile long journeys at peak times. Right now the last 1k+ miles excluding any touring holiday mileage is returning circa 29 mpg.

Many thanks for the replies. I did wonder if it was purely due to the cold weather. Will keep my eye on it.

Thanks again.

my car an 05 1.6 is doing under 20mpg i got more problem know other than fuel usage like bad idle and hard starting but as i found out cold weather of course means longer choke time more fuel in mixture in my case extra lol as by looks of it my engine coolant temp not telling ecu to turn choke off cuz engine warmed up (be double checking findings tomarrow) . i think 50miles less an tank in this really cold weather we had isnt bad im not far off 150miles max per tank atm and falling.

if u still got the power smooth engine etc u be fine :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club