Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Problem

JOHN31

hi all

i have a problem with my 59 reg s max my front wipers have stopped working

i have checked the wiper modual under the bonet F22 and swaped it with another one and that dont work cant find any relay for it?

rear wipers work and front windscreen washers but no wipers

any idea what it could be and how to test?

thanks a lot

john

hi the only thing i can find in the hand book about front wipers is F22 and its a 30 amp wiper modual it looks like a square block with if there is a fuse for it then let me know

thanks for your reply

My front wipers have stopped working too.

Fuse module F22 seems Ok. Swapped it with another.

Have u seen stuff in the smax official trouble topic about water damage to alarm module that can cause wipers to stop working.

I am wondering if this is my problem so I have pulled the fuse for the module and am waiting for the battery backup to discharge to see if the wipers come back on.

I didnt get anywhere with the alarm module, nothing seemed to change so I reinstated the fuse [yesterday].

Now, this morning, for no apparent reason, my wipers are working again. I was just about to go to the Ford dealers too.

This points more and more to the alarm module I guess. Perhaps its dried out a little.

My front wipers have stopped working too.

Fuse module F22 seems Ok. Swapped it with another.

Have u seen stuff in the smax official trouble topic about water damage to alarm module that can cause wipers to stop working.

I am wondering if this is my problem so I have pulled the fuse for the module and am waiting for the battery backup to discharge to see if the wipers come back on.

hi thanks for your input

i had my car diagnosed and the error code was b1131 wiper motor control module missing message

so i called ford and they told me to replace the driver side front wiper motor because this was the problem

so i did my motor came today so i have put it on and it still dont work !!!!

so reading your post it might be something to do with the alarm but my alarm is not going off?

any help would be great i thought me had tech guys on this site?

SORRY ALL NOT FIXED !!!

i took the fuse out on the night and wipers worked no problems

woke up in the morning and they had stopped again don’t know why and the car was saying alarm service required

so i am still stuck with no wipers

i have taken the alarm sounder off the car which is under the n/s front wing its just a metal box and put it on a radiator to get any water out of it

so i shall stick it back on and see what happens

but the funniest thing happened last night the alarm was going off on my car strange because i have taken the sounder off?

so the alarm is using the car horn as the alarm horn?

if any one can point me in the right dirrection that would be great

• 8 years later...
On 1/11/2011 at 10:22 AM, JOHN31 said:

hi all

i have a problem with my 59 reg s max my front wipers have stopped working

i have checked the wiper modual under the bonet F22 and swaped it with another one and that dont work cant find any relay for it?

rear wipers work and front windscreen washers but no wipers

any idea what it could be and how to test?

thanks a lot

john

Hi mate any luck iv got the same problem

• 3 years later...

i have the same problem changed motors new relay rain cancer still not working 

• Confused 1

On vehicles with dual wiper motors, one unit is the master and the other the slave. They are not the same unit.

The Canbus signal to tell the motor to operate goes to the master unit first, it is then sent from that to the slave unit. Changing either motor causes synchronisation issues and neither motor will operate. Not that I've ever needed to do it, but I think there is a procedure in FORScan to reset both motors. From memory I think that there is power to both motors all of the time. It is the canbus signal that controls them both.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club