6 replies to this topic

#1 turn52ugh

turn52ugh

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

HI members
i would be gratefull if anyone could advise me on a pr oblem i have with my focus 1.6zetec 1999 model.
I am loosing oil when i check my dipstick ,i have no oil leaks and iam not burning any oil.Could a blocked crankcase breather pipe be causing the problem..I would appreciate any help on this subject THANKS

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Karlos

Karlos

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 TDCi - Remapped

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

My wife's 1.25 zetec Fiesta has the same problem. It uses oil like nothing I've seen!

I did read somewhere that the valve clearances need checking and adjusting from time to time, and that if this is not done, it can lead to excessive oil consumption.

Not sure how true this is though.

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,791 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

im afraid oil consumption on the 1.6 engine is very common. mine also uses quite a bit of oil but for me its not worth investigating, although from other stories it looks like it may be piston ring related. The crankcase breather valve can cause oil consumption - if blocked the oil gets forced past the rings.

#4 turn52ugh

turn52ugh

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

My wife's 1.25 zetec Fiesta has the same problem. It uses oil like nothing I've seen!

I did read somewhere that the valve clearances need checking and adjusting from time to time, and that if this is not done, it can lead to excessive oil consumption.

THANKS for the advice CHEERS peter

#5 turn52ugh

turn52ugh

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

im afraid oil consumption on the 1.6 engine is very common. mine also uses quite a bit of oil but for me its not worth investigating, although from other stories it looks like it may be piston ring related. The crankcase breather valve can cause oil consumption - if blocked the oil gets forced past the rings.

THANKS for the advice i will look into it
CHEERS peter

#6 turn52ugh

turn52ugh

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

THANKS roe the advice CHEERS peter

#7 turn52ugh

turn52ugh

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

thans for the advice cheers peter

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users