Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Cmax Problem

tommy_s

Hi everyone, first post so please be gentle, i can i firstly say im rubbish with cars!

Went to get in the car the other day and realised the key fob wasn't working, so put a new battery in today, still not working. just tried the key in the lock and it opens fine (but im sure the alarm used to go off until i put the key in the ignition) but its only the one door that opens(drivers side). tried the key in the ignition and there's nothing, even the light that indicates the alarms on isn't blinking. my first instinct is that the battery has gone dead in the car but like i said....im rubbish with cars. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• 3 weeks later...

does sound like a flat battery few things that point to it:

1) the remote doesn't work at all

2) when opening the car only the drivers door unlocks and the lights don't flash

3) no lights on the dash when turning the ignition

Just out of interest and to confirm this does the interior light work? or the radio? if not I would be tempted to try a new battery, or charging the one you have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club