• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eazy E

Eazy E

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0i

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,792 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hi all just fitted a new 3.5" rolled tip backbox to my Focus mk1 2.0, drove away from the garage happy as Larry as to how it looks. However I notice no difference in sound at all, no sport base tone?! You can hear it a bit when you switch the ignition but it's no different to my stock one. Only driven 2 miles in it, will it get louder? Or has something been missed out, very puzzled please help cheers!

what kind of backbox is it? if its just a silencer with a different tip i cant see why it would sound any different.

#3 Eazy E

Eazy E

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0i

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one

#4 taffg

taffg

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 2.0 zetec Mk 1

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

It's just an after market GT3 backbox with a different tip, I thought this would be enough but clearly not? Will I need to get a full system? Very annoyed! Looked for a silencer in the tail piper but there isn't one

google piper,magnex exhausts (just examples) and you will find many offerings of bigger bore back boxes/exhausts that will give you a different sound. ensure you select a recommended one for your car as you may well end up with a loss of engine performance. a full system is likely to cost you a few bob though!

#5 stevesey

stevesey

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDDI

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

As you only seem to be worried about the sound - get one of these

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B0037CIIGQ

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users