4 replies to this topic

#1 ade

ade

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Auto Zetec
Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi all

I left my keys on my passenger seat the other day and the doors locked themselves?????? Why is that????

Sometimes when set off driving the doors lock automatically and other times they dont??????? Why is that?????

Sometimes when the doors lock after setting off the passenger lock doesnt?????? Why is that??????

Ade

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ANDY.C

ANDY.C

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 zetec

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

Hi all

I left my keys on my passenger seat the other day and the doors locked themselves?????? Why is that????

Sometimes when set off driving the doors lock automatically and other times they dont??????? Why is that?????

Sometimes when the doors lock after setting off the passenger lock doesnt?????? Why is that??????

Ade

MINE OFTEN DOES THE SAME LOCKS ITSELF FOR NO APPARENT REASON EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AND KEYS IN THE IGNITION ? I AM AS BAFFLED AS YOU ARE WILL KEEP MY EYE OUT TO SEE FOR A POSSIBLE SOLOUTION..ANDY..

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

the drivers door lock acts as a kind of master for the locking, when this starts to break down it can cause all sorts of problems like the moton auto lock activating and doors having a mind of there own. this would be my first part of investigation

#4 stuz

stuz

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.5i v6 si
Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

its a safety feature that has been added but its only supposed to lock when the vehicle is in motion the doors that dont lock are the ones that arnt shut properly i have the same thing in my works van dont worry about that well unless you lock your self out lol

#5 wjacko11

wjacko11

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: W plate Mk II Mondeo ZETEC
Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

its a safety feature that has been added but its only supposed to lock when the vehicle is in motion the doors that dont lock are the ones that arnt shut properly i have the same thing in my works van dont worry about that well unless you lock your self out lol

Mine were locking and unlocking at various times, driving etc. However now the central locking wont work at all. An there is a clicking from the dash board. And the immobiliser light just flickers on and off.

Any pointers as to why would eb gratefully received. Its been a great car and at 133k miles is still going like a trainand dont really want to scrap it.

Any ideas????

cheers

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users